Anyone here go to Spurs 3-4 City in the FA Cup?

This 6th round game was just over 20 years ago can you believe. No I wasn't there sadly but remember it vividly. I know I'm biased, but to my mind it is the most remarkable top flight football comeback ever. Namely because, as we know, we did it all in the second half with 10 men away from home and I can't recall any other game where that has happened. (Waits to be corrected by a football stato) . I thought I would look to see where football journos rank that comeback in the most remarkable comebacks list , expecting to see it quite high up but perhaps not top. Can I find it ranked anywhere? Er no! It's as if it didn't exist!
It does feel ridiculous that it’s that long ago. So much time has passed that your memory has started playing a few tricks - it was a fourth round replay!

This 6th round game was just over 20 years ago can you believe. No I wasn't there sadly but remember it vividly. I know I'm biased, but to my mind it is the most remarkable top flight football comeback ever. Namely because, as we know, we did it all in the second half with 10 men away from home and I can't recall any other game where that has happened. (Waits to be corrected by a football stato) . I thought I would look to see where football journos rank that comeback in the most remarkable comebacks list , expecting to see it quite high up but perhaps not top. Can I find it ranked anywhere? Er no! It's as if it didn't exist!
I thought it was officially classed as the greatest FA Cup comeback of all time?

Drove my high top van with 14 blues on board. Decided at half time that we would leave if a fourth went in for them. After the game, into the pub winding the fuckers up. Good fun

I recall this game very well as my youngest lad Harvey-James was very poorly at the time in a London hospital with meningitis, He had been on the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit for two weeks fighting for his life, I had literally stood beside his bed for the whole duration, A friend had some tickets for the game a suggested I went as a break, although I felt guilty for going I needed a change even for just a couple of hours, I left at half time as yet again I knew I couldn’t rely on City and they duly didn’t let me down – But by the time I’d reached the young fella’s bedside we had secured a famous win and the blues had managed to make me smile for the first time in weeks – I truly believed at the time the result was sent from above and an even better result was the young fella battled back to full fitness and led the team out aged 8 in March 2011 as mascot.
Wonderful !!

Unbelievable night, we nearly left at HT but we decided to see how first 15 of second half went. They weren't happy when we were leaving, went in Elbow Room afterwards whilst things calmed down

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.