Anyone know of any truth in the final signing rumour???

EddH

Given that Milner should be joining, does anyone know of any other info on the following story?
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/0...-bid-for-french-international-yoann-gourcuff/
Manchester City are lining up one last big name signing as Roberto Mancini prepares to bid for French international midfielder Yoann Gourcuff. The Eastlands boss is ready to offer up to £25m to seal the deal for the Bordeaux star as they look to take their spending this summer up and over £120m.
After signing David Silva, Mario Balotelli, Jerome Boateng, Yaya Toure and with James Milner set to sign within 48 hours the Italian boss is looking to bring in the talented 24 year old attack minded midfielder who’s career got back on track with a move back to Ligue 1 after a nightmare at the San Siro with AC Milan.
On his return to France on a loan deal he helped Laurent Blanc’s Bordeaux side to their first domestic title since in ten years and then sealed a permanent move the following summer but is now reportedly not happy at the Stade Chaban Delmas after an unsuccessful attempt to retain the title and the departure of Blanc as he took the national team job.
Given the spending power of the Premier League side, any valuation placed on the former Rennes man could be met by the club and it would appear that Gourcuff is willing to try a new challenge and is known to be interested in a move to England.

I live in Bordeaux, and can definativly say this guy is a legend (i know its only the French League) - ignore the World cup this guy is worth the money.

Anyone know anything? or is this just crap made up???

Where the hell would he play? My head is already spinning trying to work out how Yaya, Barry, De Jong, Vieira, A. Johnson, SWP, Milner, Silva, Robinho, and even possibly Balotelli if deployed wide are going to all play regularly.

I could be way off here and I probably am but I think this might be City releasing bollocks in order to pressure Villa into not fucking us around with Milner. Either sell up now or we'll tale our money elsewhere.

Gourcuff does look class but this is getting stupid now. We have enough selection problems as it is.

I am concerned about our lack of creativity from midfield is there is no Silva.

BlueInBury said:
I could be way off here and I probably am but I think this might be City releasing bollocks in order to pressure Villa into not fucking us around with Milner. Either sell up now or we'll tale our money elsewhere.

Isn't the stumbling block with Ireland wanting the £2m, not Villa not wanting to sell?

squirter99 said:
BlueInBury said:

Isn't the stumbling block with Ireland wanting the £2m, not Villa not wanting to sell?

It was up until yesteday until Lerner did his interview in the Daily Fail. I'd post the link but I can't on my phone. He says that Mcdonald told him to ask for more money after Milners performance and that Villa intended on naming him in their European squad. Fair enough, the article says it could have been tongue in cheek but doesn't say it definatly was. To be honest im not sure if I believe the Ireland stories. I'd be shocked if he would risk playing no football all season for the sake of £2 million. Lets be honest its nothing to lads like Ireland. If it is true then I thinl its sad that such a talented and seemingly driven footballer has gone so far off the boil that he is willing to ay roulette with his future.

Kamara said yesterday that he thought we would be signing Luis..

He seemed pretty sure of it too.

Manci7y said:
Kamara said yesterday that he thought we would be signing Luis..

He seemed pretty sure of it too.

Yes, he did seem pretty certain, but it's gone awfully quiet now. The David Luiz thread hasnt moved since 7:30 last night. Nothing on all the crap transfer sites either and you ould have thought they would have got hold of this. Wonder what prompted Kamara to say it??

Where would he play , we have silva for that role a waste of money and one of them would be on the bench and not very happy about it making the atmosphere among the team good , so no I think we're set for players now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.