Anyone know the guy in the Family Stand who berates early leavers?

If I left early, even if I had to, and got a load of abuse hurled at me. I’d take it and agree because it’s fucking shit. If it can’t be helped then it can’t be helped, but it’s still shit. So I wouldn’t begrudge anyone having a go at me about it.

I wouldn’t take it to heart, I wouldn’t be offended, I’d understand that emotions are high, especially for a derby, and that it’s a football game and shit gets said.

Swearing in the Family Stand isn’t great. But it won’t make kids’ ears and brains dissolve. They’re just a series of noises leaving someone’s mouth in a particular order. My Father took me to Maine Road from being 6 years’ old and he told me not to be scared by any swearing or aggressiveness but also not to display it myself away from the football ground. He took me to away games from being 7 and in terraces with a fair amount of violence, knocking me over at one game as I was stood where a group of City fans surged. But it didn’t bother me, I was a bit shook up at first but after me Father got me up, pushed a few lads away and asked me if I was alright, I wasn’t bothered. By the time I was about 10 I was joining in with all the songs with swear words but it didn’t affect me outside of football. I still don’t swear in front of my Mother now.

I think those days were a life lesson for many of us.

Regarding a couple of comments about players seeing these early leavers and the potential effect on their game, they should have bothered to turn up for the other 85 fucking minutes if they would be so negatively affected by it.
But with an accumulation of injuries, shit VAR and ref decisions all season, players having a bit of a post 7 trophy come-down, the club leader leaving and also poor form (which does happen)... these lads aren’t playing well at the moment and do need every bit of support we can give them.

It works both ways mate, when the fans see the players not trying, then why should the fans? The fans have paid maybe more than they can afford to go, put relationships on the line, have worries about bills etc, the only worries the players have is should they take the bmw or the Mercedes to training
None of them didn’t try. They are just out of form and confidence, and our midfield is getting ripped to shreds by any fast teams that come to the Etihad. But they all tried!

To all the "real City fans" slagging people off for leaving early- even though they have no idea of their circumstances and it being non of their business. Is it ok the owner of the club never goes to the match? Just a thought.

To all the "real City fans" slagging people off for leaving early- even though they have no idea of their circumstances and it being non of their business. Is it ok the owner of the club never goes to the match? Just a thought.
Not surprised he doesn't go, have you seen the price of flights from AD, not to mention a night in the holiday inn on Piccadilly. !

If I left early, even if I had to, and got a load of abuse hurled at me. I’d take it and agree because it’s fucking shit. If it can’t be helped then it can’t be helped, but it’s still shit. So I wouldn’t begrudge anyone having a go at me about it.

I wouldn’t take it to heart, I wouldn’t be offended, I’d understand that emotions are high, especially for a derby, and that it’s a football game and shit gets said.

Swearing in the Family Stand isn’t great. But it won’t make kids’ ears and brains dissolve. They’re just a series of noises leaving someone’s mouth in a particular order. My Father took me to Maine Road from being 6 years’ old and he told me not to be scared by any swearing or aggressiveness but also not to display it myself away from the football ground. He took me to away games from being 7 and in terraces with a fair amount of violence, knocking me over at one game as I was stood where a group of City fans surged. But it didn’t bother me, I was a bit shook up at first but after me Father got me up, pushed a few lads away and asked me if I was alright, I wasn’t bothered. By the time I was about 10 I was joining in with all the songs with swear words but it didn’t affect me outside of football. I still don’t swear in front of my Mother now.
Character forming mate, kids these days at football & in the outside world have their arses wiped constantly...it's not good for them when they hit the adult world, leads to the youth bouncing about at games (get the fuck on with it like we did or don't bother), I'll do what I want (fuck everyone else) & general dips outlook (offended by everything).

Character forming mate, kids these days at football & in the outside world have their arses wiped constantly...it's not good for them when they hit the adult world, leads to the youth bouncing about at games (get the fuck on with it like we did or don't bother), I'll do what I want (fuck everyone else) & general dips outlook (offended by everything).

offended by everything - yet gets deeply offended by people leaving early. Ironic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.