Anyone On Here Went To Dublin ?

blumoon said:
jimharri said:
BlueMo' said:
We were very close then Jim. I was in top tier Block 523.
a lot of booing aimed at Joe Hart.
I presumed it was because he did shay out of a job.
Any celtic fans i met around Temple Bar were sound.
Good humoured banter.
Didn't think of that Mo! As for where you were sitting;
K8hCJ.jpg

Snap!
Oh aye.....another free ticket merchant !
Oi! I had actually bought a ticket from Ticketmaster two or three months back and I got an email from them a few days before the game thanking me for buying a ticket from them early on and offering me a free ticket for every one that I had bought. And seeing as block 523 was closer to where a friend of mine was sitting than my original (506), I decided to go with that and gave my original ticket to a Celtic fan that lives near me.

Three of us went, great trip , dublin is very expensive though . We had a great time around the boozers in dublin, no hassle with celtic fans all good natured especially in madigans, murphys on oconnell street. Managed to get in GAA Quarter final at croke park on the saturday .. kildare v donegal great weekend all together.

felixbg said:
just got back from 3 days there. was pretty bizzare at times, everythings stupidly expensive though and i'v never been in a country so in love with itself. first night all 9 got kicked out of the hotel/apartment, bed made a trip down a few flights of stairs and the some fountain was used as a pool. half our stuff went missing when the hotel packed it up. fortunatly we all found places to shower and put our bags and just stayed out for the other 2 days. not many blues there really

3 of us went over, turned up hotel had been cancelled. Sorted us out with another room within the hour, (cheekily got them to knock a 100 of the price for our "hassle") And they did. All in all good trip, bloody expensive, got the "We're the pride" flag its debut. Ended up with a couple of the fountain swimming/bed throwing nawtynine in our room. Woke up next to 2 empty litres bottles of vodka, Swapped one of my cigs for half a bottle of J.D off an Irish chick.

Saw a few numpty Celtic fans but on the whole seemed to just be having the banter, gave as good as we got

sound trip in the end.

Was anybody near the Cameroon woman who kept going "booooooooo" and thumbs down whenever City were on the ball and whenever Milan were moving forward she was thumbing towards Citys goal? Everyone started copying her and the 2 rows behind her were in tears laughing at her, brilliant. She like cried everytime Eto'o was on the ball.

Drove down from Banbridge Sunday morning,parked in a local GAA club for a fiver and they opened the bar for us to have a couple of swift scoops before the game,enjoyed both matches although the young Celtic fans were knobs,they didn't know who to support ,rags or Celtic..City looked strong and bodes well for the coming season.
We sat on level 3 in the corner closest to the Celtic end ,east stand..what was the bit of a commotion near the city fans during the game? Saw the guards running up and some cheering etc from the city lads..presume it was someone in a rag shirt getting a slap?

davewatsonstackle said:
Drove down from Banbridge Sunday morning,parked in a local GAA club for a fiver and they opened the bar for us to have a couple of swift scoops before the game,enjoyed both matches although the young Celtic fans were knobs,they didn't know who to support ,rags or Celtic..City looked strong and bodes well for the coming season.
We sat on level 3 in the corner closest to the Celtic end ,east stand..what was the bit of a commotion near the city fans during the game? Saw the guards running up and some cheering etc from the city lads..presume it was someone in a rag shirt getting a slap?
Yeah and these knobs starting fights, one got kicked out and then his friends a few minutes later, the United fan just ran up the steps and then bowed as he got called a fat bastard, he took it well I have to say haha

Saw a couple of Dublin rags in a white Ford Focus giving some grief to City fans crossing the road,just down from Bellamy s bar,then a motorcycle Garda tore down the road after them and summonsed them .Don t you just love the boys in blue.

blueandgreen said:
Saw a couple of Dublin rags in a white Ford Focus giving some grief to City fans crossing the road,just down from Bellamy s bar,then a motorcycle Garda tore down the road after them and summonsed them .Don t you just love the boys in blue.

Bellamy's was good. They looked after our bags as we went to the first game.

Flew in and got to 'The Wanderers' club to see the cup. Working casually at the ground I see it fairly often, but it was an absolute treat to see the pleasure it was giving to the Dublin Branch and other Irish fans. Formed 35 years ago (what a time to start a branch!) the FA Cup must mean as much to the 'Dubs' as any City fans, particularly when they are so outrageously outnumbered by the red hordes from either end of the M62 (except they're not because they are all over Ireland!). I reckon it must be harder to be a City fan in Dublin/Ireland than anywhere in the world!

Seeing 'Buzzer' and Tony Book there was excellent and Mike's little speech at the end (when he thanked the Branch for welcoming him and his 'Dad') shows how diligently he is taking his Ambassador Role - Bryan Robson not showing quite the same class is he!?

And so on,and so on. A superb weekend for all the reasons mentioned by others above, and I certainly didn't have any problem with the Celtic fans (West Upper 524). Many were friendly and clearly didn't have the empathy with United that many assume. The level of loud humour was questionable however - calling Inter Milan 'Spagetti Eaters' and most of their players 'Carbonara' isn't going to bring the house down.

Yeah, Chaplin's was certainly quiet before the Inter game, but was very pleasant afterwards. Really good 'craic' with both Irish and English City fans before sauntering down to the Brazen Head to finish off the night watching 'The Brazen Hussies' (no, they're not pole dancers!)

Wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else that weekend and as we touched down at Manchester we had a great view of the City plane......just feels great to be a Blue at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.