Anyone Suddenly Looking Forward to the Transfer Window Now?

The Fat el Hombre

This time last year and for the few months leading up to it, I was absolutely desperate for the Jan transfer window to open. We had a squad with some glaring deficiences and the resources to put them right, so having the window shut and watching our terrible performances was killing me, I was like a kid waiting for christmas. This year, there was none of that. For the first time I can remember I actually wanted us NOT to spend a penny. I felt Hughes had spent more than enough and had a squad which he wasn't getting the best out of and any signings would most likely be underwhelming and done with very little view on the longer term of what they'd bring to the club

The players he was rumoured to have targeted (david fucking bentley, scott parker, upson) would have been more over-priced, comfort zone signings that would have brought very little to the club and only been further obstacles for the likes of Weiss and Ned to progress. Now Mancini's here, I'm really looking forward to the window opening. I'm not sure who he'll bring in but I think it's worth the gamble knowing that it won't be david fucking bentley and he might actually push the boat out a bit and bring some top talent to the club which can push us on to the next level. Fingers crossed we're about to see things done properly now

Not really, it's usually a month of chaos yet disappointment.

I'll be happy when it's over and I know RM has improved our squad.

Not a dig at hughes, but under him i was expecting like you've mentioned, bentley, upson and so on, players that won't make much of an impact at all,

Under RM my faith is restored and if we can get 6 points out the next 2 games and beat the scum we can attract one of two bigger names, under RM i think we can sign BIG names if we can get into that top 4,

Just gonna mention last Jan, imagine if we signed Kaka? hughes wouldn't of had a clue how to handle him at all, inept managers and world class stars don't go together,

January will be exciting, really looking forward to it!

funny as fuck that TFeH as i was just about to start a thread titled "Comfort Zone" saying exactly what you have just said.

imo the more technically gifted players are from abroad so the fact that Mancini will broaden his horizons far more than Hughes can only be a good thing.

also we are far more likely to be spending bigger dough now as i am sure the owners wouldn't have entrusted clueless with much, we know the target is most definitely top4 now so come on Jan 1.

going to be great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.