Anyone Suddenly Looking Forward to the Transfer Window Now?

At least we won't be scrapping the bottom of the Premiership barrel now just because they are 'proven'. Proven at what exactly ? We got taken to the cleaners for a bunch of Premiership rejects (not all of them....but quite a few).

chesterguy said:
Matt Diablo said:
very true, the bottom line is you get better value for money abroad, something RM will prosper with surely far more than Hughes...BRING IT ON!! Funny how this "player revolt" was British/Ireland...don't think Robby and Ade were at the front of the line?

But not always better players. If we are looking to break into the champion league position surely the last thing we need to do is buy a load of foreign players who have no idea of the demands of the Premiership if we do that I feel we will fail

Who out of the prem that is available and will join us who will seriously help us bridge the gap and break into the champs league? There is no one, our prem options have been exhausted. It's time to look abroad but Hughes' stubborness would have led us to continue to sign supposedly 'prem proven' players that would not have got us very far

You can try and say they were just rumours but Hughes tried to get Bentley in jan and was even willing to offer Petrov and cash for him. Personally I think Upson, Bentley and parker were nailed on for this jan which I personally find depressing. I think we only signed de Jong last year cos we couldn't get parker, and the souces mentioning this jans hughes targets seemed pretty reliable

Chedinho I agree, but with the resources at our disposal we might be able to bring in a player or two that leave us knowing that we have a top 4 squad and not just thinking maybe.

chedinho said:
maybe we already have a team of players to challenge the top 4.a little tweaking here and there and more emphasis on keeping the ball and playing football might just be rewarding.

No way. The defence is SHIT. Nowhere near good enough for a top four team, and this needs addressing in January. Maicon, Chiellini, Lahm. Yes please. Oh, and Hangeland if possible.

The Fat el Hombre said:
chesterguy said:
But not always better players. If we are looking to break into the champion league position surely the last thing we need to do is buy a load of foreign players who have no idea of the demands of the Premiership if we do that I feel we will fail

Who out of the prem that is available and will join us who will seriously help us bridge the gap and break into the champs league? There is no one, our prem options have been exhausted. It's time to look abroad but Hughes' stubborness would have led us to continue to sign supposedly 'prem proven' players that would not have got us very far

You can try and say they were just rumours but Hughes tried to get Bentley in jan and was even willing to offer Petrov and cash for him. Personally I think Upson, Bentley and parker were nailed on for this jan which I personally find depressing. I think we only signed de Jong last year cos we couldn't get parker, and the souces mentioning this jans hughes targets seemed pretty reliable

Chedinho I agree, but with the resources at our disposal we might be able to bring in a player or two that leave us knowing that we have a top 4 squad and not just thinking maybe.

So what you are saying is that you believe the rumours in the papers and without knowing anything you "think" that we would have signed these players. You also think that with all our resources we can buy foreign players but not top premiership players. You also think that we should look abroad and buy players who have no premiership experience and by doing that we will "know" that we will have a top squad rather than a squad which is 6th in the semi final of the CC and with a game in hand on the clubs above.........

Some people on here need to get off their Xbox and stop playing FIFA/Championship Manager

chesterguy said:
So what you are saying is that you believe the rumours in the papers and without knowing anything you "think" that we would have signed these players.

Based on Hughes previous transfer acquisitions and targets, and also based on the fact he'd already bid for Parker and bentley, yes I believe the likes of the Independent when they say that we would have been in for them in january again

chesterguy said:
You also think that with all our resources we can buy foreign players but not top premiership players.

We can afford top prem players, can we actually buy them? Will any of the top prem players wanna come to City? There's a much bigger world out there full of quality players and we shouldn't just restrict our options to premiership ones just because hughes was so narrow minded

chesterguy said:
You also think that we should look abroad and buy players who have no premiership experience and by doing that we will "know" that we will have a top squad rather than a squad which is 6th in the semi final of the CC and with a game in hand on the clubs above.........

Yes, I think we should look abroad to buy players because as I said we've pretty much exhausted all available premiership options that are likely to take us to the next level. If we add a couple of quality players from abroad we have a much better chance of breaking the top 4 - premiership experience or not

chesterguy said:
Some people on here need to get off their Xbox and stop playing FIFA/Championship Manager

Yes you probably do

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.