Anyone Suddenly Looking Forward to the Transfer Window Now?

I love that now we have a manager that can spot talent abroad (Maicon, Ibra, Maxwell etc.). This way we won't be paying that much over the odds for mediocre players but instead will be making our own stars. I expect around 4 signings in January (excluding potential youth players that could play in first team but are not ready yet ie. Balotelli etc.) Two solid midfieldrers and defenders and we would be all set for this season.

Freestyler said:
Not a dig at hughes, but under him i was expecting like you've mentioned, bentley, upson and so on, players that won't make much of an impact at all,

Under RM my faith is restored and if we can get 6 points out the next 2 games and beat the scum we can attract one of two bigger names, under RM i think we can sign BIG names if we can get into that top 4,

Just gonna mention last Jan, imagine if we signed Kaka? hughes wouldn't of had a clue how to handle him at all, inept managers and world class stars don't go together,

January will be exciting, really looking forward to it!

I'm unsure on who Roberto Mancini will actually attract. He's not actually worked with that many players that I would like here, I just hope to god he doesn't bring in any Italian cloggers, they don't have the best record in the PL and I think City fans will be the first to endorse that after Corradi and Bianchi.

be interesting, some more big names have been floating around the last few days, but you never know what to believe

He should atract better quality,

Also looking forward to finding out what this is about:

8:45 am, December 21, 2009
Council seeks firms to clear huge site near stadium
By Simon Binns

Manchester City Council will begin clearance work on 17 acres of development land around the City of Manchester Stadium at the start of 2010.

The council has published a tender brief worth between £10m-£15m for "remediation and site servicing to land bounded by the stadium, Alan Turing Way and Ashton New Road".

The project will deliver "a flexible platform to enable and underpin future developments," although it does not make any suggestions for the land's future use.

The package of works includes treatment of contaminated soils and water, moving obstructive utilities, capping mineshafts, removing underground structures, increasing utilities to the site and levelling it for development.

The works would last for six months and the deadline for contractors to apply is January 7, although it is only open for firms with a turnover of £17m or more.

The Fat el Hombre said:
The players he was rumoured to have targeted (david fucking bentley, scott parker, upson) would have been more over-priced, comfort zone signings that would have brought very little to the club and only been further obstacles for the likes of Weiss and Ned to progress.

The key word here is rumoured. You have no idea who he was targetting to bring to the club. You have no idea who Mancini wants but before you condemn Hughes and praise to the heavens the new manager why dont you wait and see what he does and when we know who he has bought or let it go then lets discuss the merits of each player.

I for one will be p****d off if he drops RSC and Bellamy to accomodate the two lazy individuals known as Robiniho and Adebayor because they are players known on the continent especially against a Stoke side who will be prepared to kick lumps out of anything that moves.

I think Hughes is buys were good but over-priced but that was due to where we were in the standings of the league and how much money every club knew our owners had. I hope Mancini will supplement the squad rather than make wholesale changes. It is clear to me that Toure is not the player that I thought he was and so I would love to see a commanding presence in the heart of the defence. I would love to see improvemnts in both full back positions. Personally I think the midfield and attack are OK we have certainly scored enough goals. I wait to see with interest what he does

spamalot said:
ABSOLUTELY..........anyone looking forward to boxing day................
Yes... but with a degree of caution. We cannot deal with balls into our box, and have very little height to deal with set pieces... and we are playing Stoke's team of giants. We still have Sylvinho at left back and Nervous Ned in the middle. This could be another 4-3 imo!

Sorry to sound like scrooge but im kind of hoping there isn't too much activity, I would like too see if Roberto can install a system and get some of the under performer's reaching there potential, I would like too see a top quality CB and i'd be very pleased with that, I dont think we were far off a great side and I think if Roberto tries to change too much too quickly that will really put us back in our pursuit of the top 4 this season.. But what do I know?

very true, the bottom line is you get better value for money abroad, something RM will prosper with surely far more than Hughes...BRING IT ON!! Funny how this "player revolt" was British/Ireland...don't think Robby and Ade were at the front of the line?

Matt Diablo said:
very true, the bottom line is you get better value for money abroad, something RM will prosper with surely far more than Hughes...BRING IT ON!! Funny how this "player revolt" was British/Ireland...don't think Robby and Ade were at the front of the line?

But not always better players. If we are looking to break into the champion league position surely the last thing we need to do is buy a load of foreign players who have no idea of the demands of the Premiership if we do that I feel we will fail

maybe we already have a team of players to challenge the top 4.a little tweaking here and there and more emphasis on keeping the ball and playing football might just be rewarding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.