Anyone Tried Homeopathy?

Phil Meup said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Don't tell the kids at this time of year but there is no such thing as magic.

Just another hocus pocus con job for the gullible I'm afraid.
That's the trouble with things that can't easily be explained - some people are terrified of them.
It's a bit like in the fifthteenth century how they used to pick on people to burn as witches if they didn't quite fit the norm.

-- Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:02 pm --

Gelsons Dad said:
andyhinch said:
A mate of mine had terminal cancer, they tried everything on him, none of it worked. His wife looked into it and 20 years later he's still with us.

Not due to taking drops of water though.
A heart warming story Andy.
What's this about drops of water? It usually comes in tablet form in my experience although it can be used in other ways.

Phil, have you watched the short video on page 2? What do you think of it?

Didsbury Dave said:
Phil Meup said:
Didsbury Dave said:

That's the trouble with things that can't easily be explained - some people are terrified of them.
It's a bit like in the fifthteenth century how they used to pick on people to burn as witches if they didn't quite fit the norm.

Gelsons Dad said:
What's this about drops of water? It usually comes in tablet form in my experience although it can be used in other ways.

Yeah I'm terrified, mate.

It's the fearless like you who believe in the likes of Homeopathy, alien abductions, mediums and ghosts.

Belief in ghosts and alien abductions is silly but ultimately harmless. But homeopathy , like mediums, is a con trick which steals money from people without the basic intelligence to realise that if it did work it would revolutionise the entire world belief system as we know it, and become the world's biggest industry, rather than being punted by a woman with a fag on Ashton market or Blackpool pier.

BimboBob said:
If this works for people, or seems to work, them what's the harm?
I once saw homeopathic malaria pills on Amazon. There's the harm.

Even with the more innocuous stuff, we still have the issue that they're sold alongside proper drugs in pharmacies like Boots, and they go to as much effort as possible with the packaging to make them look like real drugs. So at best, they're conning people out of their money, which you're not allowed to do in any other area (but apparently healthcare isn't that important) and at worse, you're exposing people to diseases that they believe they've bought a vaccine/cure for. If Kelloggs started marketing their cornflakes by saying that they cure headaches, they would be hit with a massive fine because they have no evidence. Why is it then okay to do the same thing with something that is specifically designed to look like real drugs?

Stuuuuuu said:
Phil Meup said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Gelsons Dad said:

I hadn't watched the vid but since you asked a reasonable question rather than just attacking me you deserve an answer. Made people who use homeopathy look pretty stupid didn't it? Interesting to know he thinks I've got a bit of Ollie Cromwell in me though! You can come out with great facts when you don't quote any sources or evidence so I thought it was poor.
I can't explain how it works either and I realise many people are vicious in their attacks on it (the NHS & the Guardian newspaper eg) as well as the Philistines on here.
If I was involved in a serious accident I can't imagine wimpering 'take me to my homeopath' as I was rushed to A&E. All I know is that it works for me & a lot of people I know and if it fires the imagination of just one of the five hundred-plus people who've looked at this thread, it'll have been worth putting it on.
All the best Stuuuuuu.

Phil Meup said:
Stuuuuuu said:
Phil Meup said:

I hadn't watched the vid but since you asked a reasonable question rather than just attacking me you deserve an answer. Made people who use homeopathy look pretty stupid didn't it? Interesting to know he thinks I've got a bit of Ollie Cromwell in me though! You can come out with great facts when you don't quote any sources or evidence so I thought it was poor.
I can't explain how it works either and I realise many people are vicious in their attacks on it (the NHS & the Guardian newspaper eg) as well as the Philistines on here.
If I was involved in a serious accident I can't imagine wimpering 'take me to my homeopath' as I was rushed to A&E. All I know is that it works for me & a lot of people I know and if it fires the imagination of just one of the five hundred-plus people who've looked at this thread, it'll have been worth putting it on.
All the best Stuuuuuu.

I don't believe for a second that you are in any way a bad person but suppose that one of those five-hundred plus people is suffering from a vicious disease like cancer and they're vulnerable and desperate. Say that they decided after reading your post and doing a bit of internet 'research' that they would try homeopathy and shun conventional medicine. As has happened many many times (and did happen to my great grandmother), what if they then died due to their choice (which was recommended by you)?

Would it be worth it then?

You see why you're being attacked by other posters? You're supporting through anecdote (with no proper evidence) a medicinal treatment which has been proven time and time again in proper studies not to work any better than a placebo. Through spreading ignorance you could actually be jeopardising people's lives. It's really that serious. It's like recommending people go to see a shaman or witchdoctor to heal their minor infection, would you do that? Would you say "Oh well if it works for you, go and see the Shaman, no doubt he'll help you". If not. Why not? Serious question.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.