Anyone wanna buy a 2nd rate striker with dodgey knee

Blue Elmo said:
Next year we have alot of fixtures to play with europe . No doubt roque will not be first choice so it will allow us to play him in the early rounds of the competition cos Santa Cruz is not a bad striker and with him upfront we are more than capable of turnin over some unpronouncable shit team . On his day when he plays he can be very good . stayin injury free he could be a very good squad player nipping in with several goals , important ones at that aswell
We've still got Big Phil Caicedo for that.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Blue Elmo said:
Next year we have alot of fixtures to play with europe . No doubt roque will not be first choice so it will allow us to play him in the early rounds of the competition cos Santa Cruz is not a bad striker and with him upfront we are more than capable of turnin over some unpronouncable shit team . On his day when he plays he can be very good . stayin injury free he could be a very good squad player nipping in with several goals , important ones at that aswell
We've still got Big Phil Caicedo for that.

Put em both upfront , I'd love to see that . it'd be funny if it worked extremely well

Blue Elmo said:

Yeah I agree. - He lacks speed so No good just lumpin' it up the middle to him though .... needs an out an out winger to supply him. (i.e. the now sadly departed, Petrov)

I'd rather see one of the academy kids playing before RSC. RSC has been so shit for us it's unreal, I've said it since the start of this season. I can't find a single good reason we bought him! The goals he has actually managed to score have been tap ins off the back of hard working quality players like Tevez etc.

What annoys me most about people like RSC (and Robinho while we're at it), is that with all this money we got, I really hoped that instead of going gun-ho and throwing money left right and centre at massive names, but rather, we would go out there and tactically bring skill and class to the club. As far as I can see, this is what Mancini is doing (e.g A. Johnson < Hughes wouldn't have even looked at A. Johnson and he's been one of our best this season)! This probably would have earned us more respect among other clubs as well!

And for next season, I don't care who he's buying or whether I've herd of them, or if the football fans think they're "world class", I'm going to put my faith in him and see what he can produce on the field. Hughes was a reminder than you can't just buy names and hope for the best.

My suggestion would be that we start looking at players who see coming to City as "their time to prove" as oppose to ONLY looking at people like Kaka, Torres, etc.

Would of been better off playing nimely or one of our youth squad strikers ahead of RSC. and they dont cost 90k a game to play them either ><

robbieh said:
Mike D said:
It appears that Mr Cooke and the Brian 'the stamp licker' Marwood are being kept busy trying to offload old Crocky http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...city-hawk-flop-roque-santa-cruz-around-europe

If anything contributed to Hughes's sacking it was his stubborn pursuit and purchase for 18 million quid of RSC. I imagine the owners looked at this and thought we can't let this guy buy any more players. With Roque's innjury record we shouldn't have gone anywhere near him.

i agree with this, even big phil would have contributed more than rocky, proper shit buy.

How times have changed, it wasn't so long ago that we were watching Lee Badbuy, Samaras, Corradi etc etc. You lot seem to be putting him in the same bracket as this bunch of wasters. RCS's problems are injury's not that he is a bad player. If he was so bad he wouldn't be slung in paraguay's team every time he is fit. as for the £18 million fee, all you need to say is OWEN HARGREAVES and people soon climb back under the nearest rock they can find.

Goo said:
I'd rather see one of the academy kids playing before RSC. RSC has been so shit for us it's unreal, I've said it since the start of this season. I can't find a single good reason we bought him! The goals he has actually managed to score have been tap ins off the back of hard working quality players like Tevez etc.

What annoys me most about people like RSC (and Robinho while we're at it), is that with all this money we got, I really hoped that instead of going gun-ho and throwing money left right and centre at massive names, but rather, we would go out there and tactically bring skill and class to the club. As far as I can see, this is what Mancini is doing (e.g A. Johnson < Hughes wouldn't have even looked at A. Johnson and he's been one of our best this season)! This probably would have earned us more respect among other clubs as well!

And for next season, I don't care who he's buying or whether I've herd of them, or if the football fans think they're "world class", I'm going to put my faith in him and see what he can produce on the field. Hughes was a reminder than you can't just buy names and hope for the best.

My suggestion would be that we start looking at players who see coming to City as "their time to prove" as oppose to ONLY looking at people like Kaka, Torres, etc.

Who cares what others clubs thinks of us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.