Apology to the club

@meldrew be careful in court. If you can get a solicitor, do so. I bet anything the CPS solicitor will mention the so called attack on the Villa keeper, the other instances of violence and how it has to be stamped out. 'We need to make an example of this hooligan'.
You need to make sure that they understand that yours was a one off moment, no violence and you were just carried away.
I say they will go OTT because of the fact GMP have already named you and where you come from. They are wanting to show everyone they are doing all they can to put a stop on this 'violent disgraceful behaviour'
Meldrew seems to be an easy target.
Hopefully the court dismiss the charge.

I've no sympathy with the OP and the excuse 'caught up in the emotion' won't wash. He's lucky, he will only get a 3 year ban.
I got 'caught up in the emotion' and asked Mrs Mist to marry me. That was 40 years ago. That's punishment ffs.

Not really, there’s zero point deleting this thread when it’s patently obvious that it was him on the pitch and his posts show contrition.
Yeh, it’s impossible to gauge the impact the letter would have without knowing the contents, bud

I ran on and piggy backed on Trevor Francis when he scored a screamer over the X mas period (Wolves, I think) pissed up 19 year old, I’d borrowed my workmates Main Stand ST
Was shown on the late news that night, got a right fuckin bollocking at work off him!!

Perhaps the OP could propose doing some voluntary work for CITC (Community service), whilst he serves his (hopefully reduced) ban?

Just wear your Sunday best at court and hang your head in shame etc etc etc but get a solicitor to speak for you.

Court is a piece of piss.

Perhaps the OP could propose doing some voluntary work for CITC (Community service), whilst he serves his (hopefully reduced) ban?
There is no reducing a banning order lower than 3 years, so that is in theory what he would get if the Police apply for one, but it is not automatic they will. The defence against a banning order is that the offence was not related to the football and you would have done it anyway, which can't be done for running on the pitch during a game.

It will be dealt with by the Magistrates court, and not that serious an offence, so I doubt I Pre-Sentencing Report will be asked for and all mitigating factors will be looked at in any depth.

I reckon a banning order after the conviction would be over the top, however the club were looking for blood after what happened, and maybe the Police are minded to set an example too. I can see an indefinite ban from the club though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.