Apology to the club

I don't mean clear my name, I accept the ban although excessive.

It's the stories being published saying I'm the one who's attacked the player. Also the lies in court from the prosecution saying I taunted the players and fans.
Meldrew has clearly been made an example of here by some jumped up magistrate and I would guess the legal advisor in the court.

The fine and banning order is way OTT.

I know of someone convicted of common assault twice at a match who only received an £80 fine,it was the game at Arsenal just after Balotelli was sent off. I know a few years have passed but £800 and a 4 year banning order, come on
Fines are based on means so that’s not excessive. They are calculated on a formula based on weekly earnings which is why if a footballer and a person on benefits got convicted of the same Speeding offence they would be fined vastly different amounts

I think the banning order length was potentially harsh and it would be interesting (and relevant to any appeal) to know if the bench actually pronounced on the risk of future disorder point. If they didn’t then that would have been an error in law.

properly represented the OP could have got a materially different outcome. He may, for instance, have pleaded guilty “on a basis” - eg I ran on the pitch but didn’t taunt or attack anyone. The outcome might have been slightly different if so

tbh I think you jumped through hoops there to say it is fair.

The guy does far less than other idiots in football and gets punished more... That is unfair. Surely.

Maybe you mean its within the remit of the law to fine/ban that much. But its not fair. Fair would be deserving, he doesnt deserve that much.
It’s probably the professional/ compliance career I have.

That an action resulting within a punishment within the written remit cannot be considered unfair.

It could well be seen as dealt with harshly or with or not.

I would agree that he does not deserve that much, but when it was done it was within the remit of the action to have that punishment and other actions by other people are independent.

I think it is just different definition of word etc. As in general and just looking at it using common sense, other peoples actions/ consequence he has got the shitty end of the stick.

I don’t think it does him any good considering it to be unfair.

I’m not comparing the 2 at all, I want to make that abundantly clear.

But if a LFC fan got a 5 year ban and £2,000 fine for trying to use a fake ticket are they unfairly treated knowing thousands of others received nothing.

What happens if he goes into a match and gets found out? After all people are telling him to do that but no one is pointing out what could happen if he does.
With all the back and forth on here, if the club are monitoring the thread they will be looking out for him.
Personally I would draw a line now and keep my head down. JMHO

I think some people are comparing their experiences of getting a three game ban for smoking and the such like.

If he’s caught inside a football ground he’ll certainly be arrested and charged and I would have thought a fair chance of being jailed.

I would also be amazed if the club don’t have some system in place to try and identify those on the banned list.

Doesn’t mean it’s impossible to get away with it but in my opinion it would be stupid in the extreme to risk it.

I think some people are comparing their experiences of getting a three game ban for smoking and the such like.

If he’s caught inside a football ground he’ll certainly be arrested and charged and I would have thought a fair chance of being jailed.

I would also be amazed if the club don’t have some system in place to try and identify those on the banned list.

Doesn’t mean it’s impossible to get away with it but in my opinion it would be stupid in the extreme to risk it.
He could always disguise himself as a plastic blue seat

Unless it has changed, there used to be a requirement to report to your local police station when the match is on, not for long, just to make sure you were not there.

Fines are based on means so that’s not excessive. They are calculated on a formula based on weekly earnings which is why if a footballer and a person on benefits got convicted of the same Speeding offence they would be fined vastly different amounts

I think the banning order length was potentially harsh and it would be interesting (and relevant to any appeal) to know if the bench actually pronounced on the risk of future disorder point. If they didn’t then that would have been an error in law.

properly represented the OP could have got a materially different outcome. He may, for instance, have pleaded guilty “on a basis” - eg I ran on the pitch but didn’t taunt or attack anyone. The outcome might have been slightly different if so
Since when?

The guy fined at Arsenal £80 was on very good money

It’s down to discretion in the end, but he is correct. It’s done via a calculator based upon income and category of fine and that’s usually how it’s applied

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.