Apology to the club

Since when?

The guy fined at Arsenal £80 was on very good money
Was that a police fixed penalty fine, eg not given by magistrates court?

In addition, I believe some people on "good money" under court means
tested process could be divorced twice each with kids so their monthly
outgoings could be considerable so their "fine" may look small compared
to another on significantly lower monthly income but significantly smaller
monthly outgoings?

Since when?

The guy fined at Arsenal £80 was on very good money
Sounds like costs rather than a fine. You need the whole picture. Common assault is very minor too.

Like the example of fan attacking Sharpe only getting a £500 fine but 24 weeks in jail, clearly far worse than an £800 fine and costs a awful lot more.

Unless it has changed, there used to be a requirement to report to your local police station when the match is on, not for long, just to make sure you were not there.

I’m pretty sure that isn’t standard. Each person may have different conditions. Surrendering your passport is a pretty common one if your offences were at England games. But having to report every game isn’t something they’d commonly put in the conditions, as far as I’m aware.

It is harsh, but I think it is within the remit of what a pubishment could be for that offence.

The guy clearly seems a nice bloke, out of character and regrets his actions. He is unlikely to reoffend.

He may have been made an example off, but have not been dealt with unfairly.

My advice is to take the hit, most games are able to be viewed on SKY anyway. I’m not sure if anything can be done after the period when you can ask for it to be reconsidered. If so, that would certainly be worth considering.

I would not advise sneaking in, if so all the above of being out of character, spare of the moment etc. becomes BS as you show that you don’t respect the rules and pre-mediated decide to break them.

At which point any further punishment would be deserved.

It’s harsh and you have had bad timing and people have certainly done worse and received a lot less. However it is not unfair and you just have to accept it.

My 2p and certainly don’t mean any offence on it. Hopefully you find something to replace the void, it’s fun going to the games but shouldn’t be a substitute for other areas of your life.
I totally agree..I suspect Meldrew is annoyed by the clearly false accusations in the press..the only recourse is the Press Complaints Commission or suing for libel which I would not recommend unless you are happy to lose your house.

I totally agree..I suspect Meldrew is annoyed by the clearly false accusations in the press..the only recourse is the Press Complaints Commission or suing for libel which I would not recommend unless you are happy to lose your house.
The press just typed out what was said by the bench in court though?

What's happened with this, any further updates? Seen loads after the match holding flares/smokebombs on the pitch, surely they're not gonna go after everyone.
Saw the kids brother this morning. He's been asked to attend at Central Park Police Station next Tuesday. He says there's loads going next week. The club look like they're drawing a line in the sand regarding pitch invasions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.