Apparently there was 'huge numbers' of empty seats...

Why would you expect anyone to speak Welsh to a Mancunian going into a ground? A lot of them are bilingual. I'm sure Swansea FC would say to their staff "If asked a question by a Mancunian today, be sure to respond in English so they understand you" My mate Dai Bloggs is from Wrexham and speaks fluent Welsh so that trumps your Mark Hughes comment. ;-)

Surely Wrecsam?

Is this anything to do with them singing "Delilah"? Or am I in the wrong thread?

Don't ask me! An off the cuff remark I made about hearing fans speaking in the Welsh Language for the first time at a football match, at the Etihad tran stop of all places, seems to have taken a funny turn. As often happen on the internet.

Modern electronic communication is a wonderful thing but I think I will stick to papyrus scrolls and hieroglyphics. It seems much less controversial.

Don't ask me! An off the cuff remark I made about hearing fans speaking in the Welsh Language for the first time at a football match, at the Etihad tran stop of all places, seems to have taken a funny turn. As often happen on the internet.

Modern electronic communication is a wonderful thing but I think I will stick to papyrus scrolls and hieroglyphics. It seems much less controversial.

My apologies for only reading half a post. I thought it was at The Liberty Stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.