Arcade Fire - Reflektor

des hardi said:
i like the single.... not listened to the album. if it`s like funeral as opposed to the neon one which was poor, i ll check it out.

on "the single", it s like they are back to their best.

Heard the new single 'Afterlife' on 6music this morning and quite liked it, although it sounds an awful lot like New Order to me.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
des hardi said:
i like the single.... not listened to the album. if it`s like funeral as opposed to the neon one which was poor, i ll check it out.

Heard the new single 'Afterlife' on 6music this morning and quite liked it, although it sounds an awful lot like New Order to me.

Confusion?

The Flash said:
des hardi said:

Confusion?

Alzheimer's.
I'll resist the temptation to stand on ceremony here.

The Flash said:

Confusion?

Alzheimer's.
I'll resist the temptation to stand on ceremony here.

Ah, a man of Substance.

There is a light said:
Apparently playing Blackpool Empress Ballroom in November as the Reflektors

I live in St Annes so that is basically a local gig for me. City are at home to Plzen the same night though and I've only missed one Champions League game home or away since we started playing in the competition. Annoying beyond belief!

I will definitely catch their Arena tour (or possibly Stadium Tour) in the new year.

Tickets go on sale for Blackpool on Friday at 9am from gigsandtours or ticketmaster for those going

cptaidan88 said:
There is a light said:

I live in St Annes so that is basically a local gig for me. City are at home to Plzen the same night though and I've only missed one Champions League game home or away since we started playing in the competition. Annoying beyond belief!

I will definitely catch their Arena tour (or possibly Stadium Tour) in the new year.

Tickets go on sale for Blackpool on Friday at 9am from gigsandtours or ticketmaster for those going

Cheers for that mate, hopefully I'll get 2 :)

Bought the CD yesterday, but not been able to play it till just now in the manner in which befits a new album - loudly with no interruptions from Mrs BJLJ who is not a fan.

I did not realise it is a double CD album, so that's better value for my £12.99 from HMV - I think so far it is a grower, as of course previous offerings have been from Arcade Fire - first impressions are good, looking forward to familiarising myself with all the intricacies I'm bound to have missed on the first outing.

I think there are a couple of clunkers which won't get any better for playing, but it's a very rare album that doesn't have it's mediocre tracks, and a couple that instantly are favourites, like Afterlife and Joan of arc.

Overall I'm one happy bunny with this, and it'll get better with playing :)

cptaidan88 said:
There is a light said:

Pre sale at 9am tomorrow. Suspect may sell out if there's no cap on this.

Bought the album and I like Awful Sound (On Eurydice) so far. Most other albums I have liked straight away but this, as mentioned, will be a grower.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.