Ard there any qualified refs on Bluemoon?

I'm a qualified ref
When challenging an opponent, getting the ball first does not necessarily mean it is not a foul
Am I correct in thinking that the player challenging has to knock the ball so it is not in playing distance!
As an example, if he/she just gets a toe on the ball, but it only rolls a foot or so before they clatter into their opponent, it should be deemed a foul

When challenging an opponent, getting the ball first does not necessarily mean it is not a foul
Am I correct in thinking that the player challenging has to knock the ball so it is not in playing distance!
As an example, if he/she just gets a toe on the ball, but it only rolls a foot or so before they clatter into their opponent, it should be deemed a foul

I didn't say I was a good ref ;)

I only ref junior games, where its a lot easier to ref games once you've told the parents to shut the fuck up.

From my interpretation of the rules, getting the ball first does not mean its not a foul, all sorts of variables in this instance of course.

I didn't say I was a good ref ;)

I only ref junior games, where its a lot easier to ref games once you've told the parents to shut the fuck up.

From my interpretation of the rules, getting the ball first does not mean its not a foul, all sorts of variables in this instance of course.
No refs are/were any good, apart from Pierluigi Collina and Clive Thomas
It just annoys the life out of me when commentators and pundits say "he got the ball first"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.