Are City a better all round team without Haaland?

I've been saying for nigh on a year that he is physically degrading, his talent for the exceptional will always be with him.

The extra legs yesterday of Bernie and Foden in the middle were telling. Kev's high-risk reward can only be supplemented by high energy in the middle of the pitch to account for the turnover he gives up.

Kev would be perfect in a team that passes far quicker, but we don't, and it's even more required if Kev is playing.

Even when Kev was at his peak, we looked a very different animal winning the title when he was out injured and Bernardo was filling the role.

Perhaps that's why we are in for Bellingham?
You can’t help but wonder how different we will look with Phillips in the holding role, yesterday was the first time we saw glimpse's of his passing ability. I love Rodrigo but he is a level below Fernandinho when he was at his best.

You can’t help but wonder how different we will look with Phillips in the holding role, yesterday was the first time we saw glimpse's of his passing ability. I love Rodrigo but he is a level below Fernandinho when he was at his best.
I also liked his bravery...he went straight into tackles many of our players would pull out of.

I've been saying for nigh on a year that he is physically degrading, his talent for the exceptional will always be with him.

The extra legs yesterday of Bernie and Foden in the middle were telling. Kev's high-risk reward can only be supplemented by high energy in the middle of the pitch to account for the turnover he gives up.

Kev would be perfect in a team that passes far quicker, but we don't, and it's even more required if Kev is playing.

Even when Kev was at his peak, we looked a very different animal winning the title when he was out injured and Bernardo was filling the role.

Spot on.

Ive been saying the same myself for a good while.

Kev is capable of brilliant moments,but they also come at a cost.His inclusion slows our approach,and he damages our cohesion as he pushes others into unfavoured role,he also gives the ball away far more than he should and is no longer capable of retrieval.

I definitely believe we play better as an 11 without him,but on the flip side.....he can change a game in an instant!

I agree that Bernardo plays his best for us when Kev isn’t playing.

I do wonder if one of the reasons Bernardo is thinking of leaving is because he doesn’t play in his favourite position for us, unless Kev is out or injured, and in his peak years he wants to play for a club who will play him there??

I do wonder if one of the reasons Bernardo is thinking of leaving is because he doesn’t play in his favourite position for us, unless Kev is out or injured, and in his peak years he wants to play for a club who will play him there??

Nah external factor especially his girlfriend and family hounding him down to leave Manchester certainly the biggest factor, noting to do with his place on the team.

Maybe I’m going mad but didn’t Bernardo mostly play ahead of Sane on the right when Kev was out injured in the 18/19 season? Pretty sure that’s what made Sane throw his toys out.

This revision of De Bruyne’s style of play might also be the worst thing I’ve ever seen on bluemoon. This is a thread where we’ve got people wanting Kev and Haaland out of the side - our only world class players and who would get into a world XI.

Couldn’t disagree more with some of the opinions on here and I reckon anyone who works in football would look at you like a complete idiot for thinking De Bruyne (or Haaland) makes our team worse.

Of course it is,as i brought up a few seasons back in his transfer thread.

Imagine being the one continually asked to take one for the team so as a colleague can be the main act.

Its a developing situation with Foden too,and Gundo always looked a shadow when in the same 11.

Thankfully,in the main.Kev produces that killer ball to gloss over the lack of rhythm.

In terms of Haaland.....obviously individually he has done better than anyone could have hoped,but there is plenty more to come in terms of finding the formula that gets the best out of all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.