Are City a better all round team without Haaland?

Yes I do think confidence is playing a massive part in the quality of the football but I suppose, in relation to the topic, is that further exacerbated by playing a striker rather than a false 9 (midfielder) therefore losing a bit more technical ability in the side and potentially another passing option. Around 30/35 minutes Haalamd dropped deep a few times and linked play very well, I wonder if we will see more of that over the coming months.

Yeah I think that happens. It’s not as if we were playing with 10 & got a striker as a bonus. I love playing with a false 9 & see how it helps.

I think Ederson passing has been off.

Laporte & Stones are our best passers from defence.

Maybe even those small details of switching it & finding width quickly can impact the others further up field.

Fucked if I know ;) Pep will solve it.

Disagree there, he is a threat, so the opposition always worry about him and even if he's not at his best the other players around him should be taking advantage.

That's why it's so important for Grealish, Mahrez, Alvarez and Foden to contribute with goals/assists.

The trouble with our system at the moment is that we've got the wide men hugging the touchline, Haaland in the middle and the full backs inverted. So there's no support for him. We're trying to find De Bruyne and Bernardo/Gundogan in central spaces but it's all very congested. Foden made a number of runs inside of Wan Bissaka, which were ignored by Cancelo. He was also wrongly flagged offside for one (which Pep was fuming about, despite it being the wrong call). We need to be looking to exploit that space between the centre back and full back, to drag one over and create space centrally.

The trouble with our system at the moment is that we've got the wide men hugging the touchline, Haaland in the middle and the full backs inverted. So there's no support for him. We're trying to find De Bruyne and Bernardo/Gundogan in central spaces but it's all very congested. Foden made a number of runs inside of Wan Bissaka, which were ignored by Cancelo. He was also wrongly flagged offside for one (which Pep was fuming about, despite it being the wrong call). We need to be looking to exploit that space between the centre back and full back, to drag one over and create space centrally.
Our midfield is shocking for me, Rodri apart, no legs, no pace and no energy, if we lose the ball in the final third we are in trouble, hence why Pep is telling them to keep the ball at all costs.

Gundo, KDB legs have gone, Phillips a waste of 40m as it stands and Bernardo wanting out, a very bad and telling situation.

I think the players are really lacking confidence at the moment and thats showing in their decisions on the pitch. Walker for example on saturday had a tonne of the ball in their half of the pitch. On numerous occasions Haaland and Kev made good runs in behind the united back line and the pass was on that would of put us in behind and in a great position. Every single time he saw the run but chose not to try the pass and just played the ball either inside or backwards.

We have to be braver on the ball and players need to take a few more risks. Its like we are more concerned with having a 98% pass success rate rather than trying to effect the game. Kev is clearly struggling and its like no one else is confident enough to step up and impact the game. We need a big result on Thursday and certain players need a boost and hopefully kick start to our year.

If we win our next 2 we also need arsenal to lose 3 games in a row to be top. Not a hope in hell.

We've dropped 8 points in 5 games and they've lost once all season and that was to another dodgy swamp decision. Time to get real chum
Arsenal aren't going to lose the next 3 in a row for sure but they do have to play us twice yet. If they stop us taking all 6 points then they may well be worthy champions but there's still a long way to go.

Our midfield is shocking for me, Rodri apart, no legs, no pace and no energy, if we lose the ball in the final third we are in trouble, hence why Pep is telling them to keep the ball at all costs.

Gundo, KDB legs have gone, Phillips a waste of 40m as it stands and Bernardo wanting out, a very bad and telling situation.

I don't think the legs were there last season but we managed. We're just not defending as a unit well and arguably that's because of the number of changes across the team. We chase the ball in little groups, like a bunch of kids. One pass and that's 3-4 players wiped out.

Been saying all season that’s the ball that hurts defences, run in from the wing onto a ball in between fullback and centre half, then get to the byline pull back or cross in. There were loads of runs totally ignored due to the fear of losing possession, it’s so predictable now, you can only play a system so long before everyone susses it out, if us idiots can see sure as shit professional coaches can. The issues we have against lesser teams is breaking down 11 in the box, against more expansive teams is the unwillingness to take a chance in a run, fucked if I know what’s going to happen but if we win fuck all this season it wouldn’t surprise me, but then again if we win 3 trophies that wouldn’t either.

I don't think the legs were there last season but we managed. We're just not defending as a unit well and arguably that's because of the number of changes across the team. We chase the ball in little groups, like a bunch of kids. One pass and that's 3-4 players wiped out.
Very true, so why wasn't it addressed in the Summer, we raised a huge bag of cash, so it can't have been financial issues.

our workrate is very bad this season. watch Haaland, KDB, Mahrez, Grealish, Foden, Bernardo off the ball. are they all press like mad /track back to help to get the ball back?
not at all in most games.

no urgency in our attacks and neither aggressive enough off the ball.

we should win the ball back high up the pitch a lot and use those as quick counter attacks. but apart from Alvarez none has the appetite and or energy levels/fitness for good pressing.

so we end up playing this slower, controlling football, better not to take extra risks and lose the ball if aint gonna fight hard to win it back. this comes at a price of parked buses with very small spaces to exploit if any.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.