Are City a better all round team without Haaland?

I also think it’s easy to blame Haaland for a poor performance. Yes we aren’t 100% at the moment, but that’s what happens with top players they always get the blame.

I think signing one of the best players in the world, starting so strong and now becoming stale is typical city and if we don’t win the league could be a good thing. Obviously I want us to succeed but I believe any shortcomings will be a catalyst to future success

For the majority of the games Haaland is perfect and the first name on the team sheet, I just wish Pep would revert to the false 9 set up
Now and again as it’s still very effective and can also tear decent teams apart …

Haaland is not the problem.He is breaking records for fun . The real problem is that other team has figured out that they just need to cut all supply line to nullify his goal threat. Simple as that . For example against rags , kdb was man marked by Casamiro and mahrez was marked by malaria . Both rags should’ve been booked early on but ref ignored .if those cunts were booked the dynamics of the game would’ve changed drastically and increases Haaland’s goal probability.

It's madness to blame Haaland - he attempted several runs and his teammates act like he doesn't exist lmfao

That's great analysis which I didn't see at the weekend. My view in the ground was that Haaland was starved of possession but made some fantastic runs. Any pass which leaves Haaland one-on-one with Luke Shaw will probably end in a goal. Bernardo failed to play him in twice as well. They were relatively easy passes not killer balls. Haaland could have had a hatrick. The annoying thing is we were playing these passes earlier in the season. What has happened to our midfield? They have become fixated on passing back and sideways. I am not asking for long ball tactics just a clever ball over the top or through the lines. Foden used to make these sort of direct passes all the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.