Are City a better all round team without Haaland?

I think we were a better team at last two campaigns.
With Haaland we are more predictable but we also lose less chances with him.

We have to use Haaland’s strengths, we need to stretch teams by getting the ball forward quicker. Balls into channels quicker and turning the opposition. Second half against Arsenal we created a lot more space, to get in behind.
To be fair though, that space only appeared because Arsenal stood up, looked us in the eye & tried to duke it out with us.

More often than not, we come up against a fortress wall built around the 18 yard box... \0/

Copied from another thread...

Haaland is a conundrum & the longer I've watched him, the clearer what's needed has become.

Haaland has definitely upped his movement around the pitch. In recent weeks he's been pressing more from the front & dropping deeper adding an extra body in midfield.

Teams have already worked out if they crowd the midfield & pack the defence, there's no space for us to find Haaland, hence the long hopeful balls which teams are snuffing out.

However, against Villa & Arsenal I noticed Haaland came wide right a few times, & twice it's led to goals & an assist for Erling.

Haaland moving right dragged Villa & Arsenal's CB's out of position. Whilst the defenders were tracking Haaland, it created space for the likes of Jack, Kevin & Ilkay to move into, hence in those moments we resembled the City of old.

This is the way forward imo. If Haaland uses Kane as a blueprint & becomes more mobile & effervescent in his play, we can return to being Pep's Manchester City, with the added danger of Haaland.

The only downside? Erling won't score as many, but that slack will be picked up by others as the last two games have shown, plus it makes City as a team a shit load more dangerous & unpredictable.

In the 1.5 games, Erling's assisted an assist, got an assist & scored. It's not unrealistic to expect he could have scored two either. I'd prefer those numbers rather than he scored 4 goals from 12 touches & we had a draw or a loss in there.

For the first time this season, I can actually see a way for us to integrate Haaland without losing the essence of what Pep's Manchester City are. The next few weeks promise to be very interesting.

Nope. I think its just that the goals have dried up around him. Except De Bruyne we don't have a consistent goal scorer tbh. Gundog does a good job from his position but the others arn't as effective in terms of numbers as they should be.

Here’s my quick view on it

We’re different and that’s that I wouldn’t say we are better or worse.

Thierry Henry said it best when he talked about sometimes in the big games he has to adapt to maximise those around him, he knows KDB can drop it to him from anywhere but players like Gundo & Silva prefer one twos and more intricate stuff which is why personally in big games this season things aren’t seeming to click when a better quality of player sticks on Kev.

He’ll get there he’s 22 and he’s scored 26 already in his debut premiership season when 20 would have been a good return in my opinion.

All this bollocks is just driven by the media looking for more arrows to shoot at us.

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.