Are City the only club to have received ‘controversial’ finance?

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that we shouldn't use the fact that other clubs' sources of funding are dodgy, too, as an excuse. And this whole thread suggests that if some other clubs aren't squeaky clean either, that excuses the investment from City's morally questionable owners.

I started the thread not as a defence to the conspiracy theory about who owns the majority shareholding (although I don’t find our financing to be one bit immoral) but to expose the negative treatment that City get in comparison to other clubs who have been taking morally controversial money for a hell of a lot longer than us.

Joking, but serious.

I want one of the Glazers to become the President Of the USA, while still owning United. Like Trump has done with his companies.

Then I want him to stop the death penalty across America.

I also want him to stop torture, water boarding, and any other form of torture by the US Army.

Of course that would never happen.

Not even in the land of the free and the brave.

Amnesty Death Sentances And Executions 2017.

Link below the screen grabs to the Amnesty PDF pages.

CE0_E79_FC-5_D77-47_CB-909_F-58535688_B54_E.png

CE9_A8_E39-5_F8_A-4_E3_B-8186-15_E4_CFDE9_D10.png

https://www.amnesty.org/download/Documents/ACT5079552018ENGLISH.PDF

Checked the Daily Express this Evening.

1 little City/Pep related article at the bottom of the page as you keep on scrolling down past loads of general sporting stories. Blink and you’d miss the City article. It’s not the first time I’ve noticed little or no coverage of City, the PL Champions, in the Daily Express. It’s constant.

Who owns the Daily Express? Richard Desmond. Who happens to be..... Jewish. Coincidence v Sheikh Mansour, an Arab, and the owner of City.

Last edited:
Joking, but serious.

I want one of the Glazers to become the President if the USA, while still owning United. Like Trump has done with his companies.

Then I want him to stop the death penalty across America.

I also want him to stop torture, water boarding, and any other form of torture by the US Army.

Of course that would never happen.

Not even in the land of the free and the brave.

Amnesty Death Sentances And Executions 2017.

Link below the screen grabs to the Amnesty PDF pages.

CE0_E79_FC-5_D77-47_CB-909_F-58535688_B54_E.png

CE9_A8_E39-5_F8_A-4_E3_B-8186-15_E4_CFDE9_D10.png

https://www.amnesty.org/download/Documents/ACT5079552018ENGLISH.PDF

1 little City/Pep related article at the bottom of the page as you keep on scrolling down past loads of general sporting stories. Blink and you’d miss the City article. It’s not the first time I’ve noticed little or no coverage of City, the PL Champions, in the Daily Express. It’s constant.

Who owns the Daily Express? Richard Desmond. Who happens to be..... Jewish. Coincidence v Sheikh Mansour, an Arab, and the owner of City.
The Express and Star are now owned by the Trinity Mirror group - with undertakings given to leave the papers political/editorial positions where they are.
https://www.expressandstar.com/news...ion-deal-to-buy-daily-express-and-daily-star/

For the record, the Mirror pretty much ignores us too.

I started the thread not as a defence to the conspiracy theory about who owns the majority shareholding (although I don’t find our financing to be one bit immoral) but to expose the negative treatment that City get in comparison to other clubs who have been taking morally controversial money for a hell of a lot longer than us.
Yes, and that's perfectly fair.

For what it's worth, is not necessarily the money which is immoral, but the values of the owners themselves.

And I'm not trying to be holier than thou - as I said, I'm glad our club has had this investment.

Let yourself down there mate. Other people have made this statement. It’s such a lazy analysis and I always challenge it.

For one thing he sold the Express. For another it’s the insinuation that Jews automatically hate Arabs and that this is a key factor in the way some media outlets treat us. The media is driven by the number of hits each story gets as that drives advertising revenue. And currently we don’t get as many hits as the rags or Liverpool. As an example, look at the Metro online football page. There will be 4 teams prominently highlighted - the aforementioned pair, Arsenal & Chelsea. Spurs get a story usually and we may also get one. It’s also a fact that a story involving the rags will generate far more hits than a similar story involving us, up to ten times as many. Stuart Brennan told me this a while ago after I’d written a KOTK article that he proved to be erroneous.

The media therefore tend to ignore us vis-a-vis the rags and Liverpool not for racist reasons but simply because they’re following the money.

Football is a reflection of the society we live in ,it is easy to construct 'moral' arguments left right and centre. Personally football and Manchester City in particular is an escape from all that so my advice would be stop the self flagelation and enjoy the ride!
The fans of any Club never benefit financially no matter who their owners are, in fact we subscribe in many ways to reward those investors.
In return we get the reflected glory of seeing a winning team rather than sharing the misery that losing brings.
Perhaps those who own other Clubs should consider allowing the majority of their profits to be ploughed back into the sport that has rewarded them so handsomely ?

This country's wealth was built on colonialism. That meant mass slaughter, stealing of resources and slave labour. People need to spare me the fucking melodrama.
Yep, a brief research of concentration camps would show why the South African Boers and the Irish both hate the English with a passion.

Tell you what’s just popped into my head n’all; do all these bitter twats who ever bring up City’s owners being human rights abusers ever stop to think about it every time they fill their cars up at the petrol station?

I've had the 'oil money' argument on several occasions with fans of other clubs. Fact is oil is a valuable commodity used by every car owner. There really isn't anything 'morally questionable' about oil - it's just a nonsensical argument used by jealous fans and the media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.