Are Jovetic and Dzeko on their way out?

david whites spike said:
To be replaced by Jay Rodriguez and Danny ings??
Both english, on less wages and one would cost nothing.
Would obviously be back up to bony and aguero.

Nope.

david whites spike said:

Hopefully our club has a bit more ambition than this.

I'd say it's near 100% certain at least one of them will leave. Two of them? If we continue to play 1 striker regularly, I think it could be possible if we're after Lacazette or Dybala. I'd feel a bit bad for Dzeko though. He was awful before his first injury, but remember most of the team was. He missed most of our hot spell when he might have come good.

Ray78 said:
david whites spike said:

Nope.
Not saying they are better strikers,just get the feeling these two players need arms round their shoulders whilst all pellegrini is worried about are results and goals.
Feel that city are looking to recruit english,especially with Milner and Sinclair following lescott,Barry and Rodwell out the door.

david whites spike said:
Ray78 said:
david whites spike said:

Nope.
Not saying they are better strikers,just get the feeling these two players need arms round their shoulders whilst all pellegrini is worried about are results and goals.
Feel that city are looking to recruit english,especially with Milner and Sinclair following lescott,Barry and Rodwell out the door.

The EDS should take care of the English quota. No need in wasting silly money signing English talent for the sake of it.

LoveCity said:
david whites spike said:

I'd say it's near 100% certain at least one of them will leave. Two of them? If we continue to play 1 striker regularly, I think it could be possible if we're after Lacazette or Dybala. I'd feel a bit bad for Dzeko though. He was awful before his first injury, but remember most of the team was. He missed most of our hot spell when he might have come good.
We have a great nucleus of the usual suspects in hart zab Clichy kompany mangala,the two ferns,silva nasri yaya aguero and now bony.
Anybody else is expendable IMO.
We either need to blood youth or get some fresh faces in.
Ings a step down from dzeko? Very debatable.

david whites spike said:
LoveCity said:
david whites spike said:

We have a great nucleus of the usual suspects in hart zab Clichy kompany mangala,the two ferns,silva nasri yaya aguero and now bony.

Not really. Ings is having his first purple patch in the Premier League, Dzeko has been a consistent goal scorer in the Bundesliga and Premier League for years and has performed in high pressure situations. Also is in the top 10 of all-time best Premier League strike rates despite being in and out of our team. Who is to say Ings won't be the next Grant Holt, who scored 15 or 16 goals in the PL a few years ago? If Ings has 2 or 3 good seasons in the Premier League, then maybe we can compare him to Dzeko.

We've spent the last few transfer windows signing good squad players with one or two exceptions, it's about time we started aiming a bit higher again. The elite of European football. Chelsea managed to bag Costa, Matic and Fabregas in 2 transfer windows and that has enabled them to catch up with us and quite possibly surpass us now. We won't keep up with them if we set our sights too low.

LoveCity said:
david whites spike said:
LoveCity said:

Not really. Ings is having his first purple patch in the Premier League, Dzeko has been a consistent goal scorer in the Bundesliga and Premier League for years and has performed in high pressure situations. Also is in the top 10 of all-time best Premier League strike rates despite being in and out of our team. Who is to say Ings won't be the next Grant Holt, who scored 15 or 16 goals in the PL a few years ago? If Ings has 2 or 3 good seasons in the Premier League, then maybe we can compare him to Dzeko.

We've spent the last few transfer windows signing good squad players with one or two exceptions, it's about time we started aiming a bit higher again. The elite of European football. Chelsea managed to bag Costa, Matic and Fabregas in 2 transfer windows and that has enabled them to catch up with us and quite possibly surpass us now. We won't keep up with them if we set our sights too low.
I hear what your saying but dzeko has gone stale for me and as good a player jovetic is,he is obviously a gust of wind away from a month out injured.
EDIN has been with us a short while now and scored some crucial goals but to me,he looks like a striker who knows he's not rated by the manager and is in need of a new,fresh challenge.
As for ings,not seen too much of him but was just putting it out there that he is young,hungry,English and a gamble of course.
I'd much rather have benzema,benteke,cavani,and I'm a massive fan of eriksen at spurs and isco(different positions),but it looks like our hands are a little tied at the moment with FFP.
Luckily we already had a world class squad.

BigOscar said:
Danny Ings ffs
Not his biggest fan either,he was just an example of the route I feel we will take over next couple of years.
Keep the spine and the obvious world class talent,sell the replaceable and go with the affordable.

david whites spike said:
BigOscar said:
Danny Ings ffs
Not his biggest fan either,he was just an example of the route I feel we will take over next couple of years.
Keep the spine and the obvious world class talent,sell the replaceable and go with the affordable.

If the club have now got FFP right, we can 'afford' a lot better than Danny Ings

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.