Are Manchester's bus drivers grumpy?

BTH said:
Penultimately, I'm pleased to see that Philll's still trolling me after all these years!

Please don't flatter yourself into thinking I give you a milla second of my time.
I read the MEN online everyday, read the article and thought ''this will be a lively topic for BM''. It could have been that prize clown Karney or any other local politician, just happened to be you.

Anyway, I have just two more things to add -

1. Hope you had a happy birthday on the 25th,
2. Happy New Year
3. Love & kisses (early) for Valentines Day X

BTH said:
Far from the madding crowd and just to put things into perspective, the genesis of this article came from figures that were presented to TfGMC members which showed there were more complaints about "driver attitude" at one bus local company than all complaints at another, similar-sized bus company.

I asked the boss of the former company during a meeting what he thought were his passengers' two main issues. His opinion chimed with mine and those of constituents i.e. punctuality/reliability and customer service. Ask around if you think we're wrong. There doesn't seem to be much point in being a representative on any committee if you don't know what the issues are IMO. Anyway, he detailed how the company plans to address these issues, which, to be fair, are improving.

A MEN journalist in attendance rang me for further info. I urged her to get the figures I had referred to from TfGM officers (as I wasn't sure whether they were in the public domain or not) and to speak to the bus company for balance. I also stressed that "some" bus drivers were grumpy on occasion and probably shouldn't be when asked, for example, a perfectly legitimate question by a fare-paying passenger anxious to get to work or education on time. I also made it clear that a good deal of drivers were extremely good and I know quite a few of them, but who wants to read good news?

I recently commended one to Paul Turner (who's named in the article) and he told me that be would ensure this particular driver's actions were recognised. The bus company do have an employee recognition scheme and I was pleased to present a certificate and a fortnight's holiday for two in Honolulu to a driver at Bury depot not so long ago - okay, I made the bit about Honolulu up, but the point is that it swings both ways as far as I'm concerned.

What the MEN prints is up to them, typos included (theirs not mine, I hasten to add!); I told them about the managers making tea and toast for employees, for example, but they decided not to put that point in speech marks.

For the record, regarding casework, I have received more work about the bus services than everything else combined. I think that tells you everything you need to know about the privatisation of public services.

Penultimately, I'm pleased to see that Philll's still trolling me after all these years!

And finally: all the best for New Year. Saturday service and early finish tomorrow, mind...

So what is your point exactly? cause i am struggling tbh, tea and toast? really that will solve the problem, nice to see our taxes are well spent on clued up local government officials, worth every penny

To any bus drivers reading this:-

You do a great job, working crap unsocial hours, putting up with abuse from the great unwashed, whilst all the time having to concentrate on the road as you have the lives of all your grumpy passengers at stake.....I salute you.

(Mind you, I haven't been on a bus for forty years, is it still 40p from Manchester to Glossop?)

Getting the bus every day I can confirm they are all fucking pricks. Love their little power trips shutting the door on you and fucking off from the bus station 5 minutes before their scheduled departure.

Let's look at that pass again, its blatantly in date you pedantic jobsworth fuck now do one !

Kippax Street 1880 said:
Getting the bus every day I can confirm they are all fucking pricks. Love their little power trips shutting the door on you and fucking off from the bus station 5 minutes before their scheduled departure.

Let's look at that pass again, its blatantly in date you pedantic jobsworth fuck now do one !

If you get the bus every day they probably all recognise you.

Kippax Street 1880 said:

We get sacked for leaving early. suggest you check the times a bit better or maybe get an adult to help you as you obviously struggle with the concept of public transport

Having recently travelled on a bus out of the city centre and north through Cheetham Hill etc I was amazed how the driver maintained a sense of humour and patience, having to put up with:

-several customers arguing the toss over fares and passes etc- some doing so for over several minutes and then deciding not to board
-hideously dense traffic
-being mouthed at and called names by one nipple-displaying passenger who then continued to distract them as they attempted to drive the bus through the dense and weaving traffic

Having recently travelled on a bus out of the city centre and north through Cheetham Hill etc I was amazed how the driver maintained a sense of humour and patience, having to put up with:

-several customers arguing the toss over fares and passes etc- some doing so for over several minutes and then deciding not to board
-hideously dense traffic
-being mouthed at and called names by one nipple-displaying passenger who then continued to distract them as they attempted to drive the bus through the dense and weaving traffic

Bus drivers worked through covid and are undervalued IMHO, most of them I have met have been helpful, decent and have the patience of saints.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.