Are Messi and Ronaldo "head ans shoulder's above the rest?

No. Nobody currently playing is in their league that I can think of. Truly incredible players and it's pure luck that there's two of their caliber playing at the same time. In 20 years they'll be saying Ronaldo (Brazilian one), Maradona, Zidane, Messi. I'm not sure that Cristiano Ronaldo is on that same level, but he's damn good.

Ronaldo and Messi are on the same level imo, they're a completely different class of player with an almost unnatural ability on the ball. Messi is close to breaking a record in La Liga that has stood for 60 years, scoring more than 49 goals in one season.

Put Messi in Stoke's team or Ronaldo in Blackburn's and they won't be performing like they are now. They are two superb footballers who benefit from playing with Xavi, Iniesta, Ozil ect

Messi,

Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta

Everybody else. That's how it looks to me anyway. And to the guy who said put them on Stoke and they wouldn't do much that's just ridiculous. Messi would succeed anywhere he played. You don't have his craft, vision and skill and not succeed even if people are kicking the crap out of you constantly(which they already do). What we'd end up seeing is him lifting the average players of stoke and making them look much better then they are.

There's two real differences between Messi and Ronaldo to me that lift Messi above. One is that Messi makes people around him better. Two is that Messi is better on the ball in traffic. He sees ways to get through packs of defenders that no one else does.

WNRH said:
Put Messi in Stoke's team or Ronaldo in Blackburn's and they won't be performing like they are now. They are two superb footballers who benefit from playing with Xavi, Iniesta, Ozil ect

Yes but the fact is the truly great players dont play for shit teams but if you put both of them in say a stoke team they would still stand out head and shoulders above the rest and probably perform to the level they do now. Not score as many goals but there undoubted ability on and off the ball would still stand out

No. They score a lot of goals, but scoring goals isn't the be all and end all. I think Xavi is a fantastic player who should have been the ballon'dor winner. Ozil has set up a lot of Ronaldo's goals this season. He will go from strength to strength. Messi is a great team player, even in the games he doesn't score, he can still have a fantastic game (the 5-0 win over Real a key example). Ronaldo's all round game, is not on the level of Messi's, and I also question whether he can do it in a team that isn't tailor made for him. For Portugal, you will see a very different Ronaldo, he's not even their best player, and can cope easily without him.

DalbeyINUK said:
Messi,

Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta

Everybody else. That's how it looks to me anyway. And to the guy who said put them on Stoke and they wouldn't do much that's just ridiculous. Messi would succeed anywhere he played. You don't have his craft, vision and skill and not succeed even if people are kicking the crap out of you constantly(which they already do). What we'd end up seeing is him lifting the average players of stoke and making them look much better then they are.

There's two real differences between Messi and Ronaldo to me that lift Messi above. One is that Messi makes people around him better. Two is that Messi is better on the ball in traffic. He sees ways to get through packs of defenders that no one else does.

Like he did for Argentina?

In a long ball team like Blackburn Ronaldo would be performing close to his top level, Messi nowhere near.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.