Are Rangers worth their place in the Champions League?

I actually went to the Rangers game tonight. I am working up in Glasgow and went to the game with a couple of Rangers Mates.

Rangers were absolutely piss. The ground emptied after the 4th goal. The Romanian team were a pub side at best and its a worrying time for Scottish football. Rangers played with one man up front and still didn;t change it at 4-1 down.

As for the comments about the Rangers fans in Manchester, give it a rest. The trouble was caused by a few hundred idiots out of 150,000 fans and true Rangers fans are forever apologising for it when I come up here ( which is a few times per month)

With regards to the comments about this being a Rangers forum. I thought this was a forum where you could talk about football in general and it was a shock tonight to see how poor a team Rangers were. It took me back to the bad old days of poor City performances, but hey! Roll on Sunday!!!

10 January 2007 Walter Smith was appointed Rangers Manager. With Ally McCoist as assistant. 2003/4 season Smith was assistant to his idol/peer Fergy at Manure. Not many people know Alex Ferguson Managed Scotland at the 1986 World cup Finals. Smith was his assistant coach there, both failures in that Competition. It doesn’t take a Rocket scientist to work out he is a top mate of Bacon Face. And because of that family friendly association, We should all gloat as one in the smith/fergy Rangers partnership demise. Not least for the way they behaved in our Town.2008.
I did mention a few relative points in an earlier thread.
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=144695" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=144695</a>

I don't know how anyone else feels, but I have been to all the City games this season(other than Palace away....long story that one)since we got back from SA and I have to say I think including Barnsley Rangers are the poorest team we have faced.

In fairness to Rangers and Celtic, it's pretty hard to compete in comps like the UCL when the TV revenue they receive is so tiny in comparison with say, the Prem. Pretty understandable really.

They won their league so yes. I've always been of the opinion that the champions of each league in europe should be in the champs league and only the champions. It's a bit of a farce in my eyes when a team wins the champions league and are considered the best in europe when they couldn't even win their own domestic league.

charliebigspuds said:
its not thier fault, the scottish league is skint. Does many of the teams deserve thier place in the CHAMPIONS league?

Champions League is the club version of how Fifa run the world cup. Any Tom, Dick or Harry FC enters on the basis of being champions of their league. Some of the leagues are laughable, but that's the way it works. Uefa need to be doing the 'inclusive' bit. The standard in some of them is way down in terms of English football. Champions of Cyprus, Malta, Andorra (have Andorra actually got a league or are they in La Liga Division 6 or La Ligue Division 7. I'm all for inclusion but quality should come first.

By the way, just been on the French footy site, and Lyon are being hailed as Kings of Anfield, hee hee!

They also think that they should be allowed to walk straight into the English Premier League along with their bitter rivals Celtic.

They would never qualify for Europe if they were ever allowed anywhere near English football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.