Are Rangers worth their place in the Champions League?

Nicky D said:
In fairness to Rangers and Celtic, it's pretty hard to compete in comps like the UCL when the TV revenue they receive is so tiny in comparison with say, the Prem. Pretty understandable really.

The times I have watched Celtic lately (have a masochistic tendency to cast a critical eye over the BigGreek!) reminded me of watching City in darker days, not too far back either.

It's an interesting debate about the inclusion of Celtic/Rangers in a different league, whether it's Championship or the so-called Atlantic League. They are desperate for some good hard dosh which the Scottish Leagues can't generate. Currently neither of them seems to be DOMINATING their own league.

rangers have been absolutely terrible to watch so far this season, my girlfriends a hun so i have to watch them pretty much every time theyre on the telly. my team dundee are playing them next week in the league cup an i feel a giantkilling coming on, hope so anyhow it would shut her up for a few hours!

Keep in mind that rangers got less money for winning the spl than newcastle got for getting relegated. I really dislike Rangers and their fans, but lets not start another one of those threads. If Rangers and every other spl team got similiar amounts to the epl they would be doing much better. It gets very tiring to hear misinformed, ignorant non scottish people laugh at the state of Scottish football as they don't realise how much less money our teams get.

more than half the teams in the champs league would be lucky to finish in the top half of the prem rangers included, the champions league is a myth when it comes to the top players playing in this competion just look beyond the english,spanish and italians and name the players in the teams of the other countries represented you can't

Shit football.

Shit goalkeepers.

Shit Scotland.

"Wa dinnae get as much munnae as thae Inglies, as why we cannae compit." Bleat, bleat, blah, blah.

If you could play fitba like you can wreck cities, you'd be world beaters. Ever thought of setting up a demolitoin company? $$£££$$ kerching!

Arsed.

As you were!

And there you go again! Such a stereotypical, English thing to say. If you actually found a bit of basis for your comments, rather than just sprouting the same old shite you read in some 50p newspaper then it would be worth valuing your opinion.

No the scottish league champs and runners up should be made to qualify just like the welsh and irish have to in the uefa. The standard of football up there does not warrant an automatic in the chumps league.

Hollywood Blue said:
However shit we think they are, they were champions of their league and are therefore worthy of a place in the competition.
Plus the comedy relief we get watching them get trounced is priceless

I think it's hillarious... quickest way to shut up any Scot who thinks that The Old Firm could mix it in the Premier League.

Mike D said:
No the scottish league champs and runners up should be made to qualify just like the welsh and irish have to in the uefa. The standard of football up there does not warrant an automatic in the chumps league.
the same could be said for romania, greece, cyprus etc

YES! emphatically, definately, Yes! Why you may ask?

Because they are Champions of Scotland.

Hypothetical Question?

Say Liverpool won the Prem and Juve won the Scudetto? (Did happen quite often)

Would Man Utd v Man City in the Europa be any less appertising?
Celtic v Rangers?
Inter v AC Milan
Man Utd v Rangers
Galatasaray v Besitkas

Course it wouldn't

The following are not!

Arsenal, Chelski, Man City, Liverpool or Tottingham, Everton, Celtic or maybe even Villa, the so called contenders for TOP4 and Perrennial under achievers Celtic.

THEN maybe we might value more an FA cup final, League Cup final, the disappointment rather than elation of finishing runners up,3rd,4th in the PREM (losers), appreciate the Europa League or old style UEFA cup reserved for those clubs finishing second third, Value a revamped Cup winners Cup, appreciate the value as a nuetral of a Rangers v Man Utd European Cup Final, appreciate the novelty of a Chelsea v Man City Cup winners Cup final, appreciate the reality as happened in 1970 of a Leeds v Celtic European Cup Semi final witnessed live by 135,000 people, with highlights after 11 watched by millions,

Cheer for the likes of QPR, LUTON, SWINDON, WOLVES, MAN CITY, NORWICH TO NAME A FEW IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER, winning our League Cup.
Rejoice in Southampton, West Ham, and Sunderland beating "PREM" Man Utd, Arsenal and Leeds Utd in FA FUCKIN cup.

Read an article today by the rag Garry Birtles, he said Liverpool won the Champions League in 77, 78 and 81, my god we broke that, he played for Nottm forest,

Enjoy and then cry at England getting beaten by Argentina by hand of God in a WC quarter-final.

Course they fuck9ing are

Rant over

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.