Are The Beatles and Queen overrated?

The Beatles were a pop group with catchy tunes that has been replicated time and time again. Paul Weller shits all over the Beatles, but Fred's voice ageless
They were far more than a pop group.

The Beatles changed the way music was recorded and thought about. There's music before The Beatles and after them quite and they changed the way it was recorded, expanded the idea of what it could be, made the studio the principle way to record albums. They turned pop music from throwaway music aimed at kids into a valid artform and are, without question, one of the most important musicians of any genre in the 20th century. They are right up there with Debussy, Stravinsky, Schoenberg, Armstrong, Ellington etc.

Paul Weller and Queen come nowhere close to them. Quite simply, The Beatles changed music.

If you don't believe me, you should read what their musical peers said about them.

The Beatles changed the way music was recorded and thought about. There's music before The Beatles and after them quite and they changed the way it was recorded, expanded the idea of what it could be, made the studio the principle way to record albums. They turned pop music from throwaway music aimed at kids into a valid artform and are, without question, one of the most important musicians of any genre in the 20th century. They are right up there with Debussy, Stravinsky, Schoenberg, Armstrong, Ellington etc.

Paul Weller and Queen come nowhere close to them. Quite simply, The Beatles changed music.

If you don't believe me, you should read what their musical peers said about them.
I’d definitely listen to more of the Beatles than Schöenberg’s tone rows!

That’s an interesting quote from Putin on there!

No, they were great bands. Does that mean everyone likes them obviously not. I’m not the biggest fan of either,except early Queen. Doesn’t make them over rated.

The Beatles produced all that music in just seven years. Noone else has even come close to that level of output in such a short apace of time.

I love queen but there's a lot of filler on some of their albums.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.