Are The Beatles and Queen overrated?

Cliff Richard's worldwide sales are 260 million, which makes him the second highest selling British male solo artist worldwide of all time, after Elton John.
I came back to England on a ferry from Denmark once in the late 80's.
Scores of Danish pensioners (female) travelling over for a Cliff convention or something. They infiltrated the disco and danced away to the Clif songs the DJ put on for them.
Later I asked the DJ to put Cliff and the Young Ones on......
He did - to the delight of the Cliffettes until after Cliff sang the first verse and Rik, Vivien, Neil and Mike kicked in...... they sat down in disgust as we pissed ourselves laughing

The Beatles were basically Boyzone.

Forgive me, I meant Status Quo not Boyzone fucking shit mate. I get it that you like them and its fine to like shit things, I like Popping Candy and my wife likes Chubba Chups, I wouldn't dream of using a meme to insinuate she's a fucking weirdo for enjoying a lollipop, (She is though). Anyway I'm off to listen to Our Favourite Shop album, A wonderful moving album that encompasses various musical styles and more than 3 chords xx

I came back to England on a ferry from Denmark once in the late 80's.
Scores of Danish pensioners (female) travelling over for a Cliff convention or something. They infiltrated the disco and danced away to the Clif songs the DJ put on for them.
Later I asked the DJ to put Cliff and the Young Ones on......
He did - to the delight of the Cliffettes until after Cliff sang the first verse and Rik, Vivien, Neil and Mike kicked in...... they sat down in disgust as we pissed ourselves laughing
My mate from school in Failsworth ended up being his lighting guy for years.
Not sure if he still is or whether Cliff is still alive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.