Are The Beatles and Queen overrated?

It might be an unpopular opinion but does anyone else think Beatles and Queen are both overrated? Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying they aren’t good bands but I don’t think they are at the very top. I much prefer Rolling Stones and the Who.
Now there is two over rated bands - Roger Daltrey can't sing a note. Seen him twice. Him and the Who were a major disppointment unlike Queen who were briliant every time I have seen them (5 times) If you think someone is much better put a link to a video that shows a far better or equal performance to this

Last edited:
Scouse oddbods, every song sounds the same. Like a rejected attempt at the magic roundabout theme music. I do like some of their music but fuck me people treat them like deities. They were a good band & Hey Jude is a great song.

Queen were a great band though.

Not in the least and I'm shocked that anyone regardless of the subjective nature of the question would include The Rolling Stones in the conversation, now they were overrated. I do like The Who but even they're not in the running against them two.
I don't know how you can say the Stones are overrated when they've been going since 1962, and they're still going.

Scouse oddbods, every song sounds the same. Like a rejected attempt at the magic roundabout theme music.
How do you reconcile the fact that most of the worlds top performers recorded Beatles songs ? If they all sound the same why such an eclectic mix of artists ?

I'm talking about artists like;
Elvis Presley
Sinatra
Bowie
Ray Charles
BeeGees
Aretha
Dylan
Oasis
Brian Ferry
Beach Boys
Tori Amos
Beastie Boys
Tony Bennett
Jeff Beck
Bjork
Yes
George Benson
Black Sabbath
Clapton
The Carpenters
Johnny Cash
Eva Cassidy
Kurt Cobain
Elvis Costello
Crosby Stills & Nash
Crowded house
Bing Crosby
Sammy Davis Junior
Deep Purple
John Denver
Celine Dion
Neil Diamond
Jose Feliciano
Ella Fitzgerald
Grateful Dead
Guns and Roses
Big Country
Rolling Stones

Lots lots more..

What other band has achieved that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.