Are these expected and preferred moves for City in Summer?

1. A gagging order would be preferable. I think he has done a lot for the club behind the scenes so I don't think sacking him is a good idea.
2. Only if results are consistently poor. Thats not the case at the moment so no. Performances haven't been up to scratch but who said this was an easy job?
3. Torres is injury prone, so no. Aside from the fact he wouldn't sign for City anyway.
4. No, too old and he will never come to City.
5. Revamp the squad the yes but not at the expense of our most successful home grown players.

1. Garry Cook removed from his position
Cook to stay.

2. Mancini replaced by the Jose (Holy) One
Mancini should stay, I've got faith. Jose is an arrogant sleaze ball.

3. Torres to sign
Torres I'd like to see, but Villa or Balotelli would make me just as happy. Do we need a striker with Tevez/Ade on such form though?

4. Gerrard to sign
Not too bothered either way. I will say though; much like Terry with Chelsea, Gerrard is the figure-head of modern bindippers...

5. Squad to be refreshed at the expense of Ireland and Onuoha
Ireland I hope can regain his form, but I don't know.
Onuoha I like but he's very injury prone.

lancs blue said:
fbloke said:

3. Torres to sign

4. Gerrard to sign

1. Careful what you wish for, we could easily end up with Kenyon.
2. If we make the top 4, Mancini should stay.
3. Only after a VERY rigorous medical - in other words not a typical City medical.
4. No, I don't think he'll be as good a player for another club.
5. I'd prefer to offload the likes of Bridge, Garrido and some of the older "youngsters" like Etuhu before those two.

quote..3. Only after a VERY rigorous medical - in other words not a typical City medical.

Typical City medical goes like this...

"Good afternoon sir...can you pick up that pen please !! thankyou..please sign here..that'll do...medical passed."

I wouldn't like any of those situations to happen.

Top quality additions to the squad, such as the " New" Torres or the "New" Gerrard would be welcome though.

I hope none of this happens, but most of all I hope Mourinho doesn't come. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I think people should be given a reasonable chance to do their job and Mancini should be given a reasonable chance to show what he can do. Also I remember all too clearly the boring Chelsea side of Mourinho, they weren't good to watch. Also i remember the special one being outwitted tactically by Senor Benitez, not many calls for Benitez in are there?
There are thousands of reasons for not buying Gerrard too, topmost being that he's not actually that good at football nowadays.

fbloke said:
I am sure my name is now familiar to most regular visitors to the BM forum, either for good or ill i wouldn't like to say.

But the other side of of the familiarity is that I have engaged with many people on here and added to the threads in as constructive a manner as I could.

I am also pretty familiar with the 'hot topics' but I am wondering if the vocal minority on here actually speak for the rest of you?

The people who browse but dont post, the ones who remain silent in fear being 'ragged' to death.

So (which of) do these things match your own aspirations for City in summer?

3. Torres to sign

4. Gerrard to sign

I have steered well clear of the stadium development plans and other infrastructure issues as that is another thread in its own right.

I don't think any of those are gonna happen. Ned might go, that's about it

Listening to talksport on friday and they are still banging on that Torres will be a City player in the summer the deal was done 3 months ago.
It was either Alan Brazil / Mike Parry who both spout shite i know. who was saying this but what made me listen was they had someone from one of the City Fanzines in and he said he had heard the same rumour from the same source within the club????
Could be a massive load of crap but we will never know what's going on within the corridors of power at City.
And i do think our owner thinks we need that marquee signing someone that does give a shit about playing unlike a certain Mr Robinho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.