Are these expected and preferred moves for City in Summer?

Torres would have to know about this and yet his demeanor and language suggest that he doesnt.

I suppose City could have agreed a fee and the player may not be aware, but I doubt that and it certainly needs Torres to sign freely.

None of the 5 for me.

1) I'm ambivalent towards Cook. The club appears to have taken large strides forward in many areas under his guidance, however conversely his words and handling of certain situations in relation to our media image haven't been ideal. The benefits probably outweigh the cons though.

2) Very much want Mancini to stay. Jose is without doubt a talented man, but I think the long term prospects of the club would be better with Bobby. I'd prefer we achieved success with our own man rather than someone was has previously been affiliated with another English club

3) & 4) Similar to above, Gerrard and Torres are fantastic players but they are synonymous with Liverpool and I'd imagine always will be. I'd prefer we created our own stars/heroes who in years to come will be primarily associated with City (in terms of this country anyway i.e no problem bringing in David Villa!)

5) I really want Stevie and Ned to remain with us (along with Micah and MJ). To have them as part of a team that wins trophies would be fantastic and I think they have enough talent to hold their own with anyone. I look at Barcelona who regularly field 7 youth graduates and that's would be my dream for City.

These views are probably very idealistic and likely may well be shot out the water come the summer but they're my feelings none the less.

David Villa In

Steven Gerrard In

Gorgio Chiellini

Mancini Stay and Gianfranco Zola as Coach

fbloke said:
I am sure my name is now familiar to most regular visitors to the BM forum, either for good or ill i wouldn't like to say.

But the other side of of the familiarity is that I have engaged with many people on here and added to the threads in as constructive a manner as I could.

I am also pretty familiar with the 'hot topics' but I am wondering if the vocal minority on here actually speak for the rest of you?

The people who browse but dont post, the ones who remain silent in fear being 'ragged' to death.

So (which of) do these things match your own aspirations for City in summer?

1. Garry Cook removed from his position

2. Mancini replaced by the Jose (Holy) One

3. Torres to sign

4. Gerrard to sign

5. Squad to be refreshed at the expense of Ireland and Onuoha

I have steered well clear of the stadium development plans and other infrastructure issues as that is another thread in its own right.

I do not want 1 & 2 !

3 would be nice but unlikely

4 No - he will struggle as the years catch up.

5 I have no feelings either way. I guess it depends on who they are replaced with

We are desperate for a Number 9 (Villa) and a top RB (Maicon).

Zaba is more of a midfielder and Richards is our future CB.

Cookie Monster has done more good than harm here.

Jose has a proven record in the Prem, but lets give Bobby a chance to create history.

Torres? yet another dimension to our forward play.

Gerrard no, Sneider is the man - We sign him and we CAN challenge for homours.

Onuha, sort the fitness out and we have a cracking defender there, Ireland needs to regain last seasons form or he could easily be moved on as a makeweight - ref Torres deal?

heard off sum1 i know tonight, Ade plus cash for Torres is already nailed on for summer

fbloke said:
I am sure my name is now familiar to most regular visitors to the BM forum, either for good or ill i wouldn't like to say.

But the other side of of the familiarity is that I have engaged with many people on here and added to the threads in as constructive a manner as I could.

I am also pretty familiar with the 'hot topics' but I am wondering if the vocal minority on here actually speak for the rest of you?

The people who browse but dont post, the ones who remain silent in fear being 'ragged' to death.

So (which of) do these things match your own aspirations for City in summer?

1. Garry Cook removed from his position

2. Mancini replaced by the Jose (Holy) One

3. Torres to sign

4. Gerrard to sign

5. Squad to be refreshed at the expense of Ireland and Onuoha

I have steered well clear of the stadium development plans and other infrastructure issues as that is another thread in its own right.

As for most on here we would like more additions to the squad especially in defence and midfield. We must also keep the backroom staff as it is now if for just continuitity. If mancini decides to go back to italy or gets pushed we will back whoever is in charge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.