Are these floods worse than we used to get?

A few years back when York flooded I saw a report on TV saying all the trees being chopped down and building new housing up stream meant there was nowhere to soak up and hold back the water. They then added that Manchester / north Cheshire doesn't have that problem because the ship canal can hold it all in and flow out to sea

There’s been a rise in volcanic activity in correlation to global warming

Volcano-eruption-history-1600-to-present.jpg

Think the government should be planning now how to divert all this water to stop houses being flooded! Its like that road to the airport that closes everytime there shit loads of rain Surly they can raise that part of the road?

They’ve only just built the fucker, surely they could have built it without large dips that would fill with water

Nah it's not that long ago I was commissioned to help build a boat 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide and 30 cubits high it was a struggle as I'd no idea just what a cubit was.Yesterdays rain was feck all compared to that, could have managed with a 6ft dingy.

Was the owner planning to put 2 of every animal in it?

There’s been a rise in volcanic activity in correlation to global warming

Volcano-eruption-history-1600-to-present.jpg

It looks like that trend started before the industrial revolution would have started to impact it.

I always laugh that Manchester is actually responsible for global warming.

Think the government should be planning now how to divert all this water to stop houses being flooded! Its like that road to the airport that closes everytime there shit loads of rain Surly they can raise that part of the road?

And what about the road that goes over the A555 where it floods?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.