are u bothered if we have no english players in the team

it would be criminal not have AJ in the team imo. He has come from boro (with all due respect to them) and was one of our most consistent performers in the 2nd half of last season when he was surrounded by players that cost us a lot more than he did.

Then there's Hart. I'd be surprised if he wasn't starting the season between the sticks, especially if it's true that he returned straight back to training today after playing 90 minutes last night, that's determination right there, fair play to him, he's got the right professional attitude. (that being said I also really like shay aswell)

All that being said, I want us to win trophies and compete on all fronts. If that means we have to field all foreigners then so be it. I know that sounds selfish but I really reaaly really want to see us push towards the top, i can't imagine how those that have had to wait the 34/35 years feel. CTID

CTID_92 said:
it would be criminal not have AJ in the team imo. He has come from boro (with all due respect to them) and was one of our most consistent performers in the 2nd half of last season when he was surrounded by players that cost us a lot more than he did.

Then there's Hart. I'd be surprised if he wasn't starting the season between the sticks, especially if it's true that he returned straight back to training today after playing 90 minutes last night, that's determination right there, fair play to him, he's got the right professional attitude. (that being said I also really like shay aswell)

All that being said, I want us to win trophies and compete on all fronts. If that means we have to field all foreigners then so be it. I know that sounds selfish but I really reaaly really want to see us push towards the top, i can't imagine how those that have had to wait the 34/35 years feel. CTID

Don't even try!

Aussie! said:
We should get some Aussie players!!!!

Tim cahill anyone ? haha.

Two advantages:

1. Moyes turning even more purple than Fergie
2. He wouldn't score against us.<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:31 am --<br /><br />
1.618034 said:
CTID_92 said:

Don't even try!

I just console myself with the memories of 68, 69, 70 and 76.

DEFINITLEY FOR ME WE SHOULD HAVE AT THE VERY LEAST 3 ENGLISH PLAYERS.I HATE IT WHEN I SEE THE ARSENAL TEAM ASWELL WITHOUT ANY ENGLISH PLAYERS.

Not bothered. But as we have 7 England internationals in our squad 8 if Milner signs it's very unlikely to happen.

NewbBlue said:
Richards will get time with the form he's shown. Might even be first choice.

Good point. I'm tipping this to be Micah's year.

That doesn't mean much though, last season I tipped Ade to be top prem scorer.

It would be nice to do well with a few English players in the side, and there's no reason why we won't.

1.618034 said:
Surely with the 8 home-grown players rule this is a bit of a moot point...?

On balance I'd prefer us to have some rather than none, but that's just a gut instinct and quality is what really counts in the end.
The 8 home grown players do not have to be English

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.