Are Virgin trains taking the mickey?

It's cheaper to fly to various European cities than go on the train any distance in this country.
Depends when you book, and how you plan ahead. I've been using virgin regularly for home games for the last 2 seasons, and some of the prices have been very cheap, even in first class, where even though I live less than an hour out of central London, I can sometimes do Manchester cheaper.

can anyone tell me why the trains back from London to Manchester are so shit, if I go, I will be able to get a train back to Doncaster from 11 to 12 and get me back to Donny at 1 30 - 2 00

Watch out for their latest trick - just tried to book train to Manchester for the rearranged Swansea game, the website didn't register a railcard though it looked as though it had so I would have booked at full price if I hadn't double-checked. No way of getting the railcard accepted so ended up doing it via the City 20% deal instead of the 33% the railcard would have been worth. I'll be happy to sit on the floor next to Jeremy Corbyn if he'll lend me his Private Eye.

they're not well advertised and can only be bought in the station but whenever city play in london, as long its a saturday.. you can get a £40 travel pass from manchester to london, that includes your tube pass (usually £8/9).. you specify which train out in the morning but can get any train back. use them all the time, think there's limited available and only on saturdays.

a bargain i think

they're not well advertised and can only be bought in the station but whenever city play in london, as long its a saturday.. you can get a £40 travel pass from manchester to london, that includes your tube pass (usually £8/9).. you specify which train out in the morning but can get any train back. use them all the time, think there's limited available and only on saturdays.

a bargain i think

its not just when city are playing by the way, any saturday

a bargain i think
Not any more £65 now

It's just a joke that they've rearranged this game for a Friday night. We could have taken 8k+ for a Saturday game, now we'll be lucky if we get a quarter of that!

Good one for all the London based blues to attend though - make sure you get to it and fill some of our seats! I'm gonna watch it on the tele and save myself the hassle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.