Are we all going to die on Wednesday?

Richard said:
With this Nuclear Atom thing going on in Switzerland on Wednesday, scientists reckon that their is a 1% chance it will all go horribly wrong and cause a black hole that will kill us all. I have a few questions,

1) Why the fuck are they doing this? Do I give a shit about a missing particle/atom? Do I bollocks.

2) Why isnt anyone stopping Dr Evil doing this little shite experiment?

Sounds like madness to me.

BTW it would be typical city to discover a 500 billionaire, be the richest club in the world, sign Robinho and for us all to die a week later.

Rooney out!
Doubtful we will finish in top four?
World Cup a waste of time?
The job not quite what I thought?

Oh hang on WALCOTT'S on fire, all to live for LOL

As it's about 48 minutes until midnight in Switzerland, can we safely assume that they've packed up and gone home for the day, allowing us to live a little longer?

Professor Brian Cox said:
Anyone who thinks that the LHC is going to destroy the world is just a twat

Classic.

Also, 1% chance is nowhere near the odds. It has a one in several hundred billion chance of happening. That's about the same as the LHC spawning a new race of firebreathing dragons who feed on happy feelings.

Damocles said:
Professor Brian Cox said:
Anyone who thinks that the LHC is going to destroy the world is just a twat

Classic.

Also, 1% chance is nowhere near the odds. It has a one in several hundred billion chance of happening. That's about the same as the LHC spawning a new race of firebreathing dragons who feed on happy feelings.

true, but scientists are already working on a new generation of colliders that will drastically cut the odds of creating said dragons. as outlandish as it sounds, fire-breathing dragon spawning technology may one day become as ubiquitous as mobile phones are today.

Richard said:
With this Nuclear Atom thing going on in Switzerland on Wednesday, scientists reckon that their is a 1% chance it will all go horribly wrong and cause a black hole that will kill us all. I have a few questions,

1) Why the fuck are they doing this? Do I give a shit about a missing particle/atom? Do I bollocks.

2) Why isnt anyone stopping Dr Evil doing this little shite experiment?

Sounds like madness to me.

BTW it would be typical city to discover a 500 billionaire, be the richest club in the world, sign Robinho and for us all to die a week later.
Hope so. I've got 7 reports to write and I can't be arsed.

another generation said:
As it's about 48 minutes until midnight in Switzerland, can we safely assume that they've packed up and gone home for the day, allowing us to live a little longer?

So does this apply for every Wednesday or just the one in Sept back in 08? I am not sure if you realize that his thread is 2 years old.

BulgarianPride said:
another generation said:

So does this apply for every Wednesday or just the one in Sept back in 08? I am not sure if you realize that his thread is 2 years old.
Thank God. We're going to live!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.