Are we allowed to be disappointed?

Oh sorry missed that i was giving the "will you tcib be disapointed" view.

Yes i can see why when so close some will be disapointed, i myself will not be so down.

Balti said:
inflatable_banana said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
No what I mean is because this is the best season we have had in the modern era are we allowed to be disappointed because of it?

My take on it is that I personally can't be, as this is the best that I have ever seen City perform (being 30). However, listening to the amount of disappointment emanating from my father's mouth (and from those of a similar age sat near me), that you can still try and compare modern football to the late 60's and find disappointment should you so desire.

they must have been really 'disappointed' when we were in third division then

fpmsl

Ironically my dad was still quite upbeat in the dark days. I can only concede that Psycho's negative football must have cast some voodoo spell on him - he still insists that we're going to lose when we're 2 up at home!
Maybe it's just getting old that does that to you...

nicholas1136 said:
I'd be disappointed. With all the money spent and all of united injuries...

Me too, but we were always gonna have to be leading by a good fifteen points going into the derby to prevent some tosser with the whistle awarding several pens each half to the scarlet vermin and dismissing VK for pickin' his nose, snatching the prize off us and awarding it to the undeserving sewer-dwellers from Stretford. But as Mancini will no doubt say mid-May - Sometimes football is like this!

nicholas1136 said:

the way i see it in the past its aways us trying for a fair play place in europe and them usually winning the title. now its a fact that they've had 9 months of shitting it, the injuries shit is a myth, we've had miles more and along with the bent sendings off we've done really well. then add the cheating refs.

not dissappointed, more like proud as fuck.

i am disappointed when we dont win any game of football,let alone the league.
then i return for the next episode the week after, and will do this until i die,

de niro said:
nicholas1136 said:

the way i see it in the past its aways us trying for a fair play place in europe and them usually winning the title. now its a fact that they've had 9 months of shitting it, the injuries shit is a myth, we've had miles more and along with the bent sendings off we've done really well. then add the cheating refs.

not dissappointed, more like proud as fuck.

Re the injuries....I totally agree. Tell people something enough times and they will start to believe it naturally. Example-

Taggart- We've done well to come back with all the injuries we've had to key players.

George Bush- Saddam Hussain has Weapons of Mass Destruction.

It's just US government syndrome. Repeat repeat repeat until people are brainwashed...

We can still win the league, so no need to be disappointed yet...

But at the start of the season I'd have taken a close-run second place. Now that that's a possibility, obviously it'd be disappointing to fall short by the tiniest margin. If it wasn't the scum it might not feel quite so bad.

disappointed? nah, this is mcfc, over 30yrs of disappointment and hurt, so used to it, proud of where we are and we were come from, and theres always next season, hence 5 year plan. not a trophy chaser , smashing the rags is a feeling that cant be topped imo, thats my trophy for the season, once fucking huge grin and shuts up any rag fan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.