Are we being ruined by to many mercenaries?

This is the problem when you use big wads of cash to attract players, you end with guys that are here for one last big pay day. In the summer, we should aim for young, hungry players, that want to play at the highest level, and have a point to prove, guys like Lukaku, Chamberlain, Pastore, Gotze, etc. We should stop throwing money at players until they come, or put them on big money contracts. They should want to come here, to be part of history in the making, to play a major role in a previously underachieving club, aiming to be up there with the best. Money should not be the motivating factor. Yaya Toure has won everything with Barcelona, Barry wanted to join Liverpool, and Balotelli keeps making it clear he wants to be at Milan, these players would not run through brick walls for the club in the same ways that Kompany, De Jong, Bellamy, and Onuoha would. Thats the attitude we want.

Please don't tell me you didn't see this coming the moment we started buying this type of player?

And people saying play for the badge? Again, I'll be shocked if half of these players knew who City were 10 years ago.

it will be a breath of fresh air to have zabba back.. Had we have started with him lastnight and de jong it would have given us more bite .. Also swp would have been more up for it than most.. What he lacks in height he matches with heart.. jonno on the left, bring shauny back for the semi's, and get balls into the box.. if edin doesnt provide,, then we can judge.. 1st post on here guys, as you can see, so please dont give it the rag treatment eh?

Right because players at other clubs play just for the love and not the money. Thats why they stall at contract renegotiations and demand higher wages all the time. Get over yourselves "ruined" whats ruined about 4th place so far. FA cup quarters??

*sigh* We have been "ruined" by the large expectation the investment has bought and want immediate results. Thats whats ruined us.

It's not fun when you can't even respect half the squad on the pitch, or even the manager by the sideline.

I think we had something special going, when we bought in talent like Kompany, De Jong, Hart, Zabaleta. Combine that with some home-grown talent like Richards, Nimely, Guidetti, Johnson (?), Weiss, Trippier, Mee, Cunningham, Boyata, whatever, and we could be looking at a fine squad. Not a squad that would win the Premiership (although you never know...), but it would be a squad that I would respect and support, even when they lose. Because I know they would at least try.

Add a playmaker and some other shrewd buys for respectable fees on respectable contracts (see De Jong, Kompany etc.) and this could have been a great team, filled with players that really want to be here.

But what's done is done and this isn't something that be reversed. This will be a part of City history and I doubt it will be what we hoped for. That's my opinion. I think we can look forward to more players falling out with everybody in the future, throwing a fit on the pitch and in the locker room, walking whilst others are running, turning in transfer requests. Seriously, did Tevez think we would just forget? He hands in a fucking transfer request and he's the captain? It makes me sick to my stomach. It really does. The sooner that little wanker is out of the club the better, hopefully taking Balotelli, Adebayor, Kolarov, Boateng and anyone else that isn't worthy to wear the shirt with him.

Big clubs are plagued by so-called star players that hold it for ransom. This is common. I don't want the same for City.

Dux said:
It's not fun when you can't even respect half the squad on the pitch, or even the manager by the sideline.

I think we had something special going, when we bought in talent like Kompany, De Jong, Hart, Zabaleta. Combine that with some home-grown talent like Richards, Nimely, Guidetti, Johnson (?), Weiss, Trippier, Mee, Cunningham, Boyata, whatever, and we could be looking at a fine squad. Not a squad that would win the Premiership (although you never know...), but it would be a squad that I would respect and support, even when they lose. Because I know they would at least try.

Add a playmaker and some other shrewd buys for respectable fees on respectable contracts (see De Jong, Kompany etc.) and this could have been a great team, filled with players that really want to be here.

But what's done is done and this isn't something that be reversed. This will be a part of City history and I doubt it will be what we hoped for. That's my opinion. I think we can look forward to more players falling out with everybody in the future, throwing a fit on the pitch and in the locker room, walking whilst others are running, turning in transfer requests. Seriously, did Tevez think we would just forget? He hands in a fucking transfer request and he's the captain? It makes me sick to my stomach. It really does. The sooner that little wanker is out of the club the better, hopefully taking Balotelli, Adebayor, Kolarov, Boateng and anyone else that isn't worthy to wear the shirt with him.

Big clubs are plagued by so-called star players that hold it for ransom. This is common. I don't want the same for City.

Very level headed, and absolutely correct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.