Are We Better Than Liverpool?

We have the better squad for sure, but at the mo I think it's neck and neck. Don't get me wrong Liverpool are playing rubbish at the mo but as someone said before the top 4 teams always have a mediocre patch at the beginning of the season, let's just hope there still in there's when we go to anfield in a few weeks, because a Liverpool team on form would put up quite a match against us!

I think we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves.

They have a phenomenally strong spine:

Reina
Agger/Skrtl
Mascherano
Gerrard
Torres

If you take to the field with that kind of quality you have a good chance of winning.

We aren't far off though. And definitely have a superior squad

After last night's performance, City have absolutely nothing to worry about from Liverpool. They have been found out.
Some of their fans were devastated on 606 last night.

On paper we have a better squad, but I think Liverpool have a better team. Let's not forget how long some of their guys have been playing together, whilst we have a brand new team basically.

Given, Bridge, de Jong, and Bellamy have about 100 COMBINED appearances. Kolo and Barry have got 7 games, Lescott and Tevez 6, Adebayor 4. Santa Cruz has about 10 minutes.

Johnson and Petrov missed all last year. SWP was gone for 3 years and has only been back for a year. Zab, Kompany, and Robinho are some of our longest serving players...and were all signed last August. Syvinho's yet to make an appearance.

That leaves Richards, Onouha, and Ireland as our longest serving players, and they are all academy grads, and they are 21, 22, and 23 years old respectively.

Oh and if you want to count Javi, who's never really held down a spot in the team for his 2 years here, or Benji who's been injured much of his 1 1/2, we have a team that's still learning to play with each other. We don't have as good of a "team" as Liverpool, but we sure have a squad that can get there.

We have nothing to fear. I fancy us to keep pace with them or better this season.

In all honesty I'd have Benayoun any day, I reckon he's one of the most underrated players around. A hard working creative player, and can play in a few positions.

Not going to say we are better, because on their day the scouse are capable of brilliance (I suppose any team is though)....

I think first and foremost if Hughes can find his settled back line, mine would be;

-------------Given
Zab-----Toure---Lescott---Bridge

We can continue to build on the good start and really put out a team week in week out that scares the shit out of any opposition. We have nothing and no one to fear anymore.

:)

onceabluealways said:
There's not much in it. We definately have better attacking options with lots more squad cover. Torres in the only striker they have who would get a look in.

Although they look vulnerable at the back they keep a lot of clean sheets and are probably slightly better but our defense is still gelling hopefully we will improve quickly.

They still dominate games which we are starting to do and as we win more and more this will enhance our belief we are up there.

I don't believe we fear anyone now, certainly not at home. Time will tell who is the better team.

well i can think of hull,fiorentina,west ham,spurs,notlob and villa where they havent this year!

Well in my opinion we are a little in front of them in terms of squad. I reckon if we just keep going this season and getting 3 points week in week out, then the experience of a season with the addition of maicon and toure (or other suitable players in there position) plus maybe one or two squad players, will put us on a level with chelsea and united never mind liverpool and arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.