Are we currently worse than last season without Tevez?

waspish said:
Pigeonho said:
As a team we looked, and played better without Tevez. The simple fact though is that if you take his goals way, we wouldn't have finished top 4. That is a fact.
If Mancini can pull off the signing of Aguero and bring in Sneijder or Nasri, hopefully with Balotelli as well those goals will be compensated for by those 3. We need Silva to chip in with more league goals this year, Yaya too. With those new additions we will be fine I think.

What you on about---

"The simple fact though is that if you take his goals away, we wouldn't have finished top 4. That is a FACT.

No it's not a fact! Because YOU don't know that some one else would of chipped in!

If Tevez didn't play for us last season we would Of won the League that is a FACT. because as a team we would of played better and scored
More goals without Tevez hugging the ball 99% of the time!
Right, with Dzeko scoring the lions share?

Pigeonho said:
waspish said:
Pigeonho said:
As a team we looked, and played better without Tevez. The simple fact though is that if you take his goals way, we wouldn't have finished top 4. That is a fact.
If Mancini can pull off the signing of Aguero and bring in Sneijder or Nasri, hopefully with Balotelli as well those goals will be compensated for by those 3. We need Silva to chip in with more league goals this year, Yaya too. With those new additions we will be fine I think.

What you on about---

"The simple fact though is that if you take his goals away, we wouldn't have finished top 4. That is a FACT.

No it's not a fact! Because YOU don't know that some one else would of chipped in!

If Tevez didn't play for us last season we would Of won the League that is a FACT. because as a team we would of played better and scored

Hahahaha The last paragraph by me was bullshit like your paragraph was!

Just making a point we don't know where we would off finished with or without Tevez...

waspish said:
Pigeonho said:
waspish said:
What you on about---

Hahahaha The last paragraph by me was bullshit like your paragraph was!

Just making a point we don't know where we would off finished with or without Tevez...
;-)

Last season, Carlos Tevez provided 21 of Manchester City's Premier League goals and 6 Premier League assists for a combined total of 27.

This put Tevez at the very top of the Premier League combined goals & assists table.

City's next most influential players were Gnegneri Toure Yaya (6 goals, 7 assists) and David Silva (4 goals, 9 assists) with a combined total of 13 each - less that half of what Tevez had achieved.

Of course losing Tevez will be a huge blow for City next season.

However, if players like Edin Dzeko (2 goals, 2 assists) manage to fulfil their potential, perhaps the loss of Tevez might be less acute.

ManCityX said:
Does that mean we shouldn't expect to do as well if he goes?
To answer your thread title question about wondering if we're worse without Tevez than 12months previous.. Are we? I don't know, really! I think, this extra year on, every single person involved with this club has gained in some way. Look at Lescott and Richards, they were amazing int second half of the season and i reckon they'll be even better than that this term. I think there will be even more fluidity and a progression of understanding each other this 12months on. People like Silva will have learnt more English, will have settled in and will be better. Plus it all depends on who we sign to replace Tevez.

Who's to say Tevez's replacement wont settle into the side and find form for the first six months; who's to say Balo wont be injured for long periods again; who's to say we wont get Nasri; who's to say we'll have the same faults as we did for about half of all our games in all comps from last season where we were very poor still; who's to say we play the same terrible football away from home in Europe as we did last season?...

There will still be many faults in our team. People need to realise this straight away!

We went over and above what i thought we were capable of last season. In a huge amount of our games it was clear to see we were lacking in a shit load of areas. We'll do incredibly well to achieve what we did last season. If we just finish 3rd with no trophy i will consider it a successful season. It's not about one season. I'd consider one trophy every two or three seasons a huge success. Within a decade we could have won the league twice, the FA Cup twice and the EL after dropping out of group stage of the CL one season; within another decade we could have won another three league titles, an FA Cup and the CL (in a huge first 53 years of the European Cup, Barca had only won it once!). If that's the case then i'll consider that 20year period a huge success. Next season, winning nowt, wont particularly effect the coming decades. There will be plenty of seasons where we will win Jack!

Tevez or no Tevez. Let's just roll with it, it's still early days! The Sheikh hasn't even been here three years yet. Our squad has still got a honeymoon period of another 2 years for me. Micah Richards is our longest serving player, and he doesn't exactly possess a huge amount of experience. But this will get better every season.

i think we'll be a better team without Tevez just because at the moment we rely on him too much. Our whole style of play is designed around Tevez and getting him on the ball in dangerous areas. We play a slow build up and then try to move the ball to allow Tevez to isolate a defender currently, which suits him perfectly so when Dzeko plays who is useless at beting players it's useless. Balotelli and Aguero would both be able to do a similar job to Tevez but won't be anywhere near as effective. Both of those like to play on the shoulder of the last defender which should give Silva more room and more options. Dzeko needs a different type of service, he thrives on crosses and early balls into dangerous areas, with him the build up play has to be quicker and more direct for him to be effective. We'll be absolutely fine with or without Tevez, it's all about playing to your strengths and adapting to beat opponents, the more variety you have the better your chance of winning.

Plain answer if he is replaced by aguero then
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg2u_De8j5o[/youtube]

If we sell Tevez, and we don't replace him, then yes, absolutely, we will be worse this coming season than we were at the end of the last one. However, once we've sold Tevez we absolutely WILL be signing a replacement. Who that is, and how they perform in the Premiership for us, will dictate whether we end the season better or worse than the last.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.