Are we going to see the end of Season Tickets?

We have been there mate, empathy is rightfully deployed ;)

Their plan is to thin out the teams that can have a chance at the glittery star-studded nights, teams that don't meet that criteria can fuck off and fade away because they are non profitable.

There wont be promotion or relegation it'll rain trophies on the chosen few, delivered by white horses on gilded platforms by pop stars and major A list slebs.

I've thought along the same lines m8, fans of the big 6 in Africa/Asia/USA don't care about competition, they be happy "their" team winning 9-0 every week.

I gave up my season ticket at the end of last season. I've watched every game this season from the comfort of my armchair. You won't miss it, believe me.
I've saved myself a fortune and not had to suffer travel, parking, and tourists.
The owners of 'elite' clubs won't give a shit about people like us. We don't spend enough on a match to match basis.

Given the numbers of yank owners, it won't be long before the match is a small part of the football 'experience'.

This is in no way critical of your position. I’d love to have ‘had enough’ and enjoy the simplicity of watching from home.

But, I still have the bug. I love the excitement in the ground before a game, celebrating with mates as the goals go in and goading the opposition when heading home.

But as someone who lives a few thousand miles from the Etihad, i have to be content with the 6-8 games I manage to attend each season, some home and some away in Europe.

I’m looking forward to ‘early’ retirement in a few years and returning to the UK. Being able to attend 10-20 games a year is something for me to look forward to.

Back to the OP’s question; I think every top club, whilst they’re a ‘big draw’ will let season tickets naturally ‘die’ as owners stop renewing or pass away. Agree with what other posters have said, keep them for certain hard core supporters, in a specific part of the stadium, to keep the atmosphere.

Think long and hard before giving them up. I did a few seasons back mistakenly thinking I’d easily buy again but there’s now no availability. I’ve fallen out of the habit of attending and do other things with my money.

Ideally I’d have been at Wembley for the FA Cup Final last season but I’m nowhere near tickets now.
I did something similar but managed to buy a ‘silver’ ticket a few seasons back. I buy the extra 5 games but they won’t let me transfer to a full season ticket. They obviously have no bother selling those 5 games at full price.

I can state for a fact that season ticket waiting lists are a load of bollocks

When we were planning on moving to COMS, I decided to apply again for a season card. I can't remember what number I was, but there were thousands in front of me
Then one day I received a telephone call from City offering me the opportunity of purchasing one. I immediately accepted and the girl was taken totally by surprise and said "really? The normal answer is "let me think about it""

And then going back 12/13 years or so, my kids are members of a sports club and as parents we have a lot of sitting around and chatting to each other
One of the Dads, a utd supporter, said to me "this five year waiting list at Old Trafford. I looked at the ages of the kids and thought I'd get my name down because in five years I won't be ferrying them round and it's time for myself
A week after going on the waiting list utd offered me a season ticket"

I can state for a fact that season ticket waiting lists are a load of bollocks

When we were planning on moving to COMS, I decided to apply again for a season card. I can't remember what number I was, but there were thousands in front of me
Then one day I received a telephone call from City offering me the opportunity of purchasing one. I immediately accepted and the girl was taken totally by surprise and said "really? The normal answer is "let me think about it""

And then going back 12/13 years or so, my kids are members of a sports club and as parents we have a lot of sitting around and chatting to each other
One of the Dads, a utd supporter, said to me "this five year waiting list at Old Trafford. I looked at the ages of the kids and thought I'd get my name down because in five years I won't be ferrying them round and it's time for myself
A week after going on the waiting list utd offered me a season ticket"

100% agree.

Giving the illusion of scarcity creates its own demand and increases prices. Classic marketing tactic.

Rolex do the exact same thing with their authorised dealer network and “waiting lists” on watches.

It’s a load of cynical bullshit that people insanely buy into.

I’ve been hearing this for years but am struggling to think of a single change in football that could be considered an Americanisation.
It's more the changes that people with over-active imaginations predict (no relegation, games being moved abroad etc) rather than changes that have actually happened.

How about sin bins next season?

I think they’ve scrapped the idea.

But I wouldn’t really call it an American thing anyway. I know ice hockey has it. But so does grass hockey and both types of rugby amongst others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.