Are we going to see the end of Season Tickets?

It's all great getting rid of STs when the going is good, the team is winning and shiny cups are won. Folks will want to come see the team.
But when stuff isn't going well it may be tricky pulling punters in.
Double edged sword.
Very true, but those at the top charged with "monetising fans" will be long gone when the demand dries up.

Can you be a Tourist since 1971?
Never lived in Manchester, or anywhere near, never had a season ticket, life has meant only went to a few games at Maine Road (including playing in one of the last games on the pitch for SoccerAid before they dug it up), and up until recently only a few at the Colin Bell Enormodome. However, daughter at uni in Manc and more time on my hands as I get older means a ticket membership has been brilliant. I also fundamentally believe that long term match-going fans are a resource that the club should respect. You lot are the ones that sing the songs, create the atmosphere and make the 'entertainment experience' of a football match what it is. Light shows and music so loud you can't think can be done at a cat show, its the full combination of fan created atmosphere, athletic skill and sporting jeopardy that makes going to football so addictive. So, listen to the fans but let me in to see it!

Given the ticket lottery recently....

my theory is still that season tickets will diminish steadily over time, an atiquated model of loyalty and affordability.

You have many 10s of 1000s on memberships that simply give you a 'chance' to buy a ticket and increasing levels of memberships up to 100s of pounds a year, that gone you a better chance. Pay more, get a better chance, with no actual ticket in hand yet.

Then you can flog tickets at high rates per capita, much higher than the season ticket average per match, and you could double (?) ticket income. Possibly more.

Putting aside the new NS level 3 which will hopefully allow a big chunk of new FULL ST's I think as FOC's drop out and assuming demand is still high that the percentage of ST's will drop as we 'fall off the perch'.

The future sees you having to ‘tap in’ to get your ticket validated at various points at the stadium including when making any purchase at the ground. Only once your ticket has been validated by this method are you able to gain entry into the stadium. This sees fans arriving much earlier at the ground than before in order to assist with this process and potentially will see large increases in match day spending.

Yes. Right after the Rapture. Was talking to Hank from Alabama on FB. He said that’s due to really happen around mid October. No point. Spend the savings on wine women and song. While you can. Praise Jesus

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.