Are we Having a Transition Season?

Unless we are transitioning back to mediocrity and the pack, until we get recruitment right and midfield sorted, then we won’t be transitioning to the next Pep phase. Worry is pep doesn’t really have time now unless he signs an extension to really do that. This summer is looking like a big fuck up.

Since 19/20 season when we bought Rodri, we’ve signed 3 central midfielders for around 120 mil combined. Phillips, Kovacic and Nunes. Thats some serious neglect of our central mid and we are seeing that big time at the moment.
It's a lesson from which we need to learn. Part of the problem is that we have become incredibly loyal to certain players, sometimes keeping them for a year longer than might have been wise and not having the immediate replacement groomed and ready to step up. Of course, we have benefited richly from their services and often squeezed every last drop out of them, but when they do finally leave it does leave us in a precarious position, and their prolonged stay may deter younger players from joining. Looking down the line, we can already predict that similar situations might occur with Walker and de Bruyne.

To those who slagged off Gundo, I think we miss him more than we realise and his goals from midfield are a definite loss

The usual happy clappers gave it a 9. Those who troll through posts from years ago to dig up an old post to make a point in the here and now. City should not be having a transitional Season if our scouting was on their game. Left back and Rodri cover yet again not addressed.
Every club has transitions surely. Barca, RM. bayern even. Why should City be different ?

I'm not sure if we are tbh. It's way too early and for me as long as we're within 6 or 8 points of the top by January, then we (more than any other team in the PL) are best placed to win the title imo.

It's bit all doom and gloom yet for me anyway

Nonsense. ........Gvardiol an upgrade, Kovacic an upgrade, Nunes an upgrade...we are still bedding them in...operation 'let other teams think they are better than City' is on track as planned. Stop panicking Mr Mannering.

Kovacic and Nunes are an upgrade on who exactly? Certainly not gundogan.
Kovacic has the potential to be. Maybe not an upgrade but an equal. Sometimes a player is just that good and pivotal they cannot be replaced.

Many said ‘get Bellingham’. He didn’t want to come. The arrogance in that ‘get him’ is where many are failing. The club has proven that we recruit when and where needed. We have also managed to snag the biggest fish in the sea, something no premier club has ever done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.