Are we Having a Transition Season?

Defo missing Gundogan! I suspect when KDB is back we will play a lot better. Fingers crossed he doesn’t pick up any more injuries.
Gundogan is a huge loss. But when a player expresses a wish to move on (as was seemingly the case here), the club will (in most cases) not stand in his way, provided an acceptable offer comes in. It's very rare that they'll try to talk a player out of a move. Walker, maybe? Or was it a case of him deciding not to go to Bayern?

Oh my word how many threads of this nature do we see. Before starting these just take a minute and think about context. Pep coached 3 very good performances vs Liverpool,Spurs and Chelsea and was undone by mistakes/soft goals. Had we won them we would be fine. Last night we got done by the better team. It happens. It doesn’t happen very often. Had Tottenham,liverpool and Chelsea done the same to us I’d be worried but they didn’t. We should of won all 3 comfortably. Just relax.

Still too early to tell, as there's a lot of football yet to be played, but if it is to be a transitional season then so be it.

Nothing could ever top the highs of last season, and the players and manager have an awful lot of credit in the bank.

Certainly wouldn't bet against us turning it around either, we've done it plenty of times in the past.

Haaland

Doku---------B.Silva---------Foden

Rodri------Stones

Aké-------Gvardiol----R.Dias------Walker

Ederson
Pep probably need to try something like that until he gets KDB back. Finding the right CB combination will be key. Gvardiol was a big investment, so he needs to play. Moving him to CB and playing Aké at LB could be worth trying.

Haaland

Doku---------B.Silva---------Foden

Rodri------Stones

Aké-------Gvardiol----R.Dias------Walker

Ederson
Pep probably need to try something like that until he gets KDB back. Finding the right CB combination will be key. Gvardiol was a big investment, so he needs to play. Moving him to CB and playing Aké at LB could be worth trying.

I have no idea why ake isn't starting, he was one of our best out and out defenders last season. Also had a great game against liverpool.

Kovacic has the potential to be. Maybe not an upgrade but an equal. Sometimes a player is just that good and pivotal they cannot be replaced.

Many said ‘get Bellingham’. He didn’t want to come. The arrogance in that ‘get him’ is where many are failing. The club has proven that we recruit when and where needed. We have also managed to snag the biggest fish in the sea, something no premier club has ever done.
Yeah I think missing out on Bellingham and Rice this summer is really hurting us. Either of those two would make a big difference at the moment.

Yeah I think missing out on Bellingham and Rice this summer is really hurting us. Either of those two would make a big difference at the moment.
We didn’t miss out on them. I haven’t missed out on bumming susannah reid. She simply just didn’t want me to.

Oh my word how many threads of this nature do we see. Before starting these just take a minute and think about context. Pep coached 3 very good performances vs Liverpool,Spurs and Chelsea and was undone by mistakes/soft goals. Had we won them we would be fine. Last night we got done by the better team. It happens. It doesn’t happen very often. Had Tottenham,liverpool and Chelsea done the same to us I’d be worried but they didn’t. We should of won all 3 comfortably. Just relax.
The team is poor defensively this season. There's no getting away from it.

City have had their worst defensive start to a PL season since the 09/10 season. And Villa's 22 shots are the joint most a Pep side has faced as a manager.

The attack is still good. The Villa game was a poor attacking performance, which is rare.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.