Are We Light Upfront?

DenisLawBackHeel74

Having sorted out defence and midfield in the close season do you think we have failed to do the same for the striking department?

I thought Ade was good last season considering his personal problems and the number of games he played, but I don't think Jo is worth having in the team.

This season I have very little faith in Ade or Jo with neither showing much craft in pre-season or our competitive games so far.

Balotelli will I believe be a very good acquisition but I am concerned the only other real striking option we have is Tevez, and he will have poor games as the season progresses..

If we stick with what we have will Mancini expect Ade and Jo to improve or will he continue to play with one striking option with the expectation more goals will come from midfield?

We are waging war on many fronts this term and I'm very worried we do not have enough up front to win games.....

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
Having sorted out defence and midfield in the close season do you think we have failed to do the same for the striking department?

I thought Ade was good last season considering his personal problems and the number of games he played, but I don't think Jo is worth having in the team.

This season I have very little faith in Ade or Jo with neither showing much craft in pre-season or our competitive games so far.

Balotelli will I believe be a very good acquisition but I am concerned the only other real striking option we have is Tevez, and he will have poor games as the season progresses..

If we stick with what we have will Mancini expect Ade and Jo to improve or will he continue to play with one striking option with the expectation more goals will come from midfield?

We are waging war on many fronts this term and I'm very worried we do not have enough up front to win games.....
We were certainly light up front today. It was our main weakness. I can't see Jo, RSC, Robinho having a future here and if Ade is off form, Tevez is struggling too and Balo is injured we do look abit sparse up there.

No. We have just got learn when to take our chances (if it sounds obvious) when we get them. All it boils down to was Bruce giving Sunderland a right bollocking at half time and Mancini not reacting quickly enough to counteract the home sides threat.

i think jo is miles away from being good enough,ade has the talent but not the heart.
we badly need a new striker before the window shuts, we dont need jo or rsc and probably not ade

we have BIG problems there imo. Adebayor and Jo are too weak to stand up to powerful PL defences and i've got a strong feeling that Tevez won't be able to replicate his form of last season, or even get close. He was the worst player on the pitch for us today, ponderous and ineffective. How much do we need a Drogba? I can only hope that Balotelli comes good, and quick, or we'll see plenty more of those matches this season

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:

Tevez, Balotelli, Adebayor, Johnson, Milner, SWP and Yaya as attacking support....... . So apart from sanitation, roads, education, architecture, what did the Romans do for us suddenly springs to mind. Chelsea only have Drogba and Anelka. Liverpool have Torres. Arsenal have Van Persie and Chamakh. I suggest that our firepower is more than a match for any of those wouldn't you?

We are light on qaulity cover, Jo, RSC arnt the level we need. However it doesnt help that Tevez and Ade play so deep. Even when Ade was brought on today he was challenging for the ball by the touchline on the half way line, we need an outlet up front.

I still say we could use a world class front man. Look at Pool today, not a great performance by all accounts but 2 chances dropped to Torres and he put 1 away, game won. I feel thats what we lack

NO... we just didn't take our chances..

The penalty would have been irrelevant if we had.

Tevez (Howler), Yaya (good Block) & Adebayor (Great save) would have seen us comfortably in front!

deJong_Ones said:
we have BIG problems there imo. Adebayor and Jo are too weak to stand up to powerful PL defences and i've got a strong feeling that Tevez won't be able to replicate his form of last season, or even get close. He was the worst player on the pitch for us today, ponderous and ineffective. How much do we need a Drogba? I can only hope that Balotelli comes good, and quick, or we'll see plenty more of those matches this season

i will never understand in a million years why a player coming on for the final 20 mins doesn't go all out especially when theres a place in the team at stake. I know its his style but Berbatovs the same but at least he holds the ball up better and does something useful. Does my head in.<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:10 am --<br /><br />
deJong_Ones said:

i will never understand in a million years why a player coming on for the final 20 mins doesn't go all out especially when theres a place in the team at stake. I know its his style but Berbatovs the same but at least he holds the ball up better and does something useful. Does my head in.

hertsblue said:
We are light on qaulity cover, Jo, RSC arnt the level we need. However it doesnt help that Tevez and Ade play so deep. Even when Ade was brought on today he was challenging for the ball by the touchline on the half way line, we need an outlet up front.

I still say we could use a world class front man. Look at Pool today, not a great performance by all accounts but 2 chances dropped to Torres and he put 1 away, game won. I feel thats what we lack

Thats exactly what I'm talking about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.