Are we looking to sign a striker?

Yaya used to score. His 6 League goals aren't going to be particularly missed to be honest.

Sterling will score more, he's already shown progression from his Liverpool days, and under a decent coach he will be put in more positions to score.

KDB has settled in now, he's probably going to be a 25 goal/season player.

We could do with a player like Leroy Sané who can play across the front 3, to replace Navas and get 10-15 a season, but we've scored more goals than anyone else in the league - we aren't short of goals.

We have missed him this season. If he'd scored 15 we'd be champions.

We are absolurely nothing like the goal threat we used to be, & as it stands we drop even furthrr back when Bony & Yaya leave.

Just to stand still in the Premier League we need to replace Yaya, as he was, & find a forward to replace Bony. Every other top team will improve significantly as will the ones just below.

If we are trying to reach the level of Barca Real & Bayern as an attacking force then we have to improve even further.

We need a goalscoring midfielder & another exceptional attacking player to go with DeBruyne & Aguero imo.

Imagine if Aguero gets injured in July. We would have Iheanacho DeBruyne & Sterling as our only goalscorers in the first team squad.

Utd may have Ibrahimovic, Martial, Rashford, Rooney, Fellaini, Depay playing under Mourinho. That's just with one signing.

If we don't act we won't win the league. It's a bag of shit this year & we are miles off it. Next year it will be much much tougher.

i said in the kelechi thread that i think we should have him and aguero as our number 9 options next season and look for a wide goal-scoring forward to play on the right who can play as a central striker if need be.

i would love to see alexis sanchez at city, either him or mahrez.

We need a new attacking option pretty much every season imo. As Bony doesn't suit the team & Aguero is almost guaranteed to miss chunks of the season, Kelechi & Sterling are the only other players who could genuinely be described as forwards. We need to replace Bony with someone who can play at least in one of the front positions & can score goals.

If you look at the most likely transfers so far, we are replacing Yaya, who scores, with Gundongan, who doesn't & ditching Bony. Take out DeBruyne & Aguero & how many reliable goals left in all of the rest of the current senior squad put together ? Kelechi is only 19 & he is the most likely.

We need more firepower. Upfront and in midfield.

The problem with replacing Bony is that we have to have the replacement on board before we can let him go. With Iheanacho at the Olympics and Ageuro back late (and usually unfit) after Copa America, we cant start the season without a striker, especially if we finish 4th. And whoever we buy to replace Bony is likely to be a late arrival, either because the deal will take time (eg as with De Bruyne) and/or because they're involved in the Euros or Copa America.

I expect most of our departures, with the possible exception of Yaya, will be in the last few days of the window when we have completed the new signings. And we might end up replacing fewer players than we would like.

The problem with replacing Bony is that we have to have the replacement on board before we can let him go. With Iheanacho at the Olympics and Ageuro back late (and usually unfit) after Copa America, we cant start the season without a striker, especially if we finish 4th. And whoever we buy to replace Bony is likely to be a late arrival, either because the deal will take time (eg as with De Bruyne) and/or because they're involved in the Euros or Copa America.

I expect most of our departures, with the possible exception of Yaya, will be in the last few days of the window when we have completed the new signings. And we might end up replacing fewer players than we would like.

It's not going to be easy to do in a short time that's for sure. I expect it's going to be at least 3 transfer windows before we get everyone in & out. But irrespective of that, we are light in attack imo, as Kelechi & Sterling are kids, Aguero is always injured Bony is likely going & Nasri/Silva can't hit a bull's arse with a banjo. Then we have already lost the goals of Yaya, Dzeko, Jovetic, Negredo, Lampard etc.

Doesn't have to be central strikers. Just attackers/midfieldees who can score.

Still means he can break down any time. Surely we have learned our lesson by now ? How many games have we seen Aguero at 100% v the best teams in the Champs Lg for example ? Half ? Even that ?
My point isn't that we don't need a plan for if that happens. My point is we can't buy a striker at a level good enough to stand in for Aguero because they won't play enough, we need somebody that can play probably in a 3 with Aguero and maybe Sterling and get goals, and is able to play centrally when needs be. But my answer to the thread question ' do we need a centre forward' would be no, because they wouldnt play enough games. Even if Bony goes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.