Are we looking to sign a striker?

People were talking about strikers on the Stones thread & Fantasyireland is complaining so I thought I'd mention here that although it's unlikely we would sign Kane for obvious reasons, I wouldn't rule out signing a striker because since Aguero came over here he has 99% of the time just played in one area, but fof Atletico you often saw him collecting the ball in wide positions.

Pep often liked his strikers to pull out wide at Barca & cares nothing for egoes, so nothing is written in stone. If he decides on a 433 Aguero's position is not guaranteed to be always in the centre.

That's just not entirely true though, is it nev??

I must get irate 10 times a game at kun pulling out wide constantly, he goes looking for the ball far too much.. If anything, Pep will need him even less in that sense due to his 'expected' set up... Aguero should be the ultimate poacher, we've just lacked quality service for a couple of years!!!

That's just not entirely true though, is it nev??

I must get irate 10 times a game at kun pulling out wide constantly, he goes looking for the ball far too much.. If anything, Pep will need him even less in that sense due to his 'expected' set up... Aguero should be the ultimate poacher, we've just lacked quality service for a couple of years!!!

Yeah I know what you mean but 'technically' Serge is the central striker. And tbf he still scores shedloads in spite of wandering around & often fails to spot the opportunity of a potential near post tap in, so you could actually make a case for the opposite, that Aguero would still get 30 goals if he played where Pep played Villa or Henry & a 'poacher' would score the ones he doesn't.

Yeah I know what you mean but 'technically' Serge is the central striker. And tbf he still scores shedloads in spite of wandering around & often fails to spot the opportunity of a potential near post tap in, so you could actually make a case for the opposite, that Aguero would still get 30 goals if he played where Pep played Villa or Henry & a 'poacher' would score the ones he doesn't.

I've no doubt in my mind, just can't see it happening, that if he stayed injury free for one season, he'd smash every English goal scoring record out there.. He should be hitting 40+.... His ability to score in braces, 3s, papers over where in reality he should be, which is just moronic as he's already the best number 9 in Europe imo...

His work rate, more than anything, will go up under pep, however, I'd expect more rotation because of it..

I've no doubt in my mind, just can't see it happening, that if he stayed injury free for one season, he'd smash every English goal scoring record out there.. He should be hitting 40+.... His ability to score in braces, 3s, papers over where in reality he should be, which is just moronic as he's already the best number 9 in Europe imo...

His work rate, more than anything, will go up under pep, however, I'd expect more rotation because of it..

Yeah I expect he will have to run more but I get the impression that he gets pissed off 'pressing' in Pellegrini's teams as he looks round & sees the rest of the team 20 yards futher back rather than pressing as a unit, so I doubt he would mind playing all 3 front positions in a Pep team, if asked & as you say, will be able to (forced to) rest up more due to the exceptional requirements of the Prem.

If fit. I can imagine him breaking all records & then even maybe finishing 2nd to Rashford in the poty vote.

Lukaku looks quality but fine get Kane and Ibra and loan Nacho ? Surely even now Ibra is at least on a par with Nacho if not better even after amazing yesterday. Your right we do not money in a sense but we people think we need a new CB two new full backs 2 new midfielders and a striker thats like 200 million we are not that rich
Nacho's great and all, but surely mate you can't be serious. At present, he's nowhere near Ibra.

Arkadiusz Milik from Ajax could be an option.

Think Robin van Persie with pace. His left foot is unbelievable.

Aguero, Iheanacho and one more lesser known striker as back-up. Talk of Kane or Lukaku as that player is nonsense. Somebody like Milik would fit the bill - hugely talented, young, not too expensive, could score for fun, potentially world class. Let him and Iheanacho fight it out for second choice (first when Aguero is injured). Competition is great for strikers. If you score, you play.

Bony needs to go for sure, but with Aguero's injury record we need one more I think.

Could do worse than picking up Solanke on a tribunal off Chelsea, repay the Sturridge favour. All over the papers today that he wants £50k a week and some guarantee that he'll not just rejoin the Chelsea loan army, which we could offer both of. Looks as bright a young english striking talent as there's been for a while and we do have a bit of a hole in our youth set up in that position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.