Are we missing Barry this much....?

RandomJ said:
I think a few people are over simplifying our problems. They see Barry missing and say that's the root cause of us under performing. You could slot Barry back in and we'd still play poorly because our key players have just not turned up this season and until they do we will carry on leaking goals for fun.

Completely agree. I don't believe we can be missing barry THIS much, and that certainly isn't the cause of our problems. Just discussing it in general. Too many players are underperforming. I am a huge Lescott fan, but he is making a couple of key errors at key times this season.

If only it was as simple as that. Barry does an excellent job for us, a lot of it goes unnoticed too. However depending on whose posts you read we're either missing barry, kun, nasri,micah,dejong or johnson. fact of the matter is bobby has fucked about with our formation, we are nowhere near the monster that tore everyone apart for the majority of last season. Our poor defending is a symptom rather than the disease itself simply because the protection is no longer there. Honest question time.
On present form do we get 3 points at fulham or worse still beat dortmund? Hand on heart with the blue tinted spectacles off it's a no for me!

At the end of last season we were playing.

Kun, Tevez, Silva and Nasri. With Barry and Yaya behind. We won 6 straight.

Having said that I think it was far too attacking, and we actually looked stronger when Yaya pushed forward and de Jong slipped into CM.

Best midfield line up when all personel are fit is

Garcia Yaya Barry

Ideally we want an inform Silva just behind two strikers.

RandomJ said:
I think a few people are over simplifying our problems. They see Barry missing and say that's the root cause of us under performing. You could slot Barry back in and we'd still play poorly because our key players have just not turned up this season and until they do we will carry on leaking goals for fun.

mike channon´s windmill said:
Was he injured yesterday? He certainly should have played - poor decision from Bob if he was fit.

I dont think he wanted to risk him having played a hard 90 mins against Madrid, especially coming back from injury. Ideally i dont think Bob wanted to play him for the full game on tues, however Nasri and Maicon injurys scuppered that.

charliebigspuds said:
ask David Silva if we're missing Barry, Barry allows the other players to go and play

Agreed but I would think Garcia and Rodwell could do the same. Silva needs that free role again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.