Are we missing Tevez?

nicko said:
A year on from this last post. Another 25 goals this season. Leading goal scorer in Serie A. Again. Goals in every important game.
He will lead the line in their champ league qtr against Monaco, and is likely to be the key man in the tie.

I hope Bony come off but frankly he isn't in the same league, same as every replacement since we sold him. is there anyone who doesn't see selling Carlos as the biggest mistake we have made in recent years.
Best player to wear a blue shirt bar none.

A very good player, but not even close to being the best for me.

Mr. Aguia said:
No because he didn't want to be here. It's not like he was scoring goals for fun for us last year. He only scored 11 goals last year. He's playing in an easier league on a team that is light years above the rest of the league. If he was with us he'd play much like he did last year. Good early in the season trying to get a move away from the club. When it falls threw his play drops.

Carlos is starting to do the business in Europe too. He's no flat track bully - as shown by goals for us against Chelsea.

I'd buy Carlos back in the Summer if he would come back but he won't so that's it!

Rolee said:
As talented a player as he is Tevez won't play to a system, Tevez plays for Tevez and bollox to the rest.

Riquelme mark 2 probably if he was still in the squad this year.

You watched a different player to me. When we hammered Norwich, Tevez sussed out the Norwich'd formation and played in gaps that they couldn't defend against. Hence his hat trick!

Blue Punter said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
You wouldn't have seen Nasri being so effective this season if Tevez was still here and playing regularly, as Carlos always used to drop deep into that space that Samir occupies so well.

Thought Tevez cramped Silva as well.

I agree it. Would be difficult to play both Nasri and Silva in the same team at Tevez but you would need at least one of them.

Yes Tevez dropped deep but his excellent touch meant he could link up with Nasri and Silva e.g. Setting up the winner against Chelsea in the run in to the 2012 league win. Aguero and Dzeko don't have the same ball control and Jovetic might have but does too many flicks.

Since his departure, in three seasons I don't think we've signed an attacking player who has come even close to his level in terms of ability and impact.

2bluejacko said:
nicko said:
A year on from this last post. Another 25 goals this season. Leading goal scorer in Serie A. Again. Goals in every important game.
He will lead the line in their champ league qtr against Monaco, and is likely to be the key man in the tie.

I hope Bony come off but frankly he isn't in the same league, same as every replacement since we sold him. is there anyone who doesn't see selling Carlos as the biggest mistake we
have made in recent years.
Best player to wear a blue shirt bar none.
Have to agree apart from the last sentence... I can't split him and aguero as the best player

Fair enough. We didn't need to split them when they were both up front.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.