Are we now the 2nd biggest club in England?

I think we will be able to consider ourselves as essentially equals to the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal when we are mentioned in the same terms as them without the endless references to the money we have spent.

If things continue as they have been doing then I expect that to be in around 18 months, which when you consider where we were three or so years ago is pretty astonishing.

Even though you can't buy istree of course.

As for utd I doubt we will ever be as 'big' as them, and quite frankly that would be a fools errand as to achieve that we would have to change the ethos and feel of the club entirely. However I do firmly believe that we can make ourselves a force to rank alongside the likes of Inter and Liverpool, for example, without prostituting ourselves or changing beyond recognition.

We're not as big a club as Arsenal, United, Liverpool and Chelsea.

We're probably a bit smaller than Spurs and Newcastle, but around the same size as Everton and Aston Villa (who are on their way down the bigness scale whilst we are on the way up and are meeting in the middle).

"Big" doesn't mean "top of the league and in the limelight for two years". Big clubs have huge, international fanbases cultivated over decades of success and attention.

Of course, big is a subjective term. We're big compared to Gillingham. We aren't big compared to United.

The only way that we'll become the 2nd biggest club in England any time in the next decade is if we buy Liverpool and merge with them.

Damocles said:

We're probably a bit smaller than Spurs and Newcastle, but around the same size as Everton and Aston Villa (who are on their way down the bigness scale whilst we are on the way up and are meeting in the middle).

"Big" doesn't mean "top of the league and in the limelight for two years". Big clubs have huge, international fanbases cultivated over decades of success and attention.

Of course, big is a subjective term. We're big compared to Gillingham. We aren't big compared to United.

The only way that we'll become the 2nd biggest club in England any time in the next decade is if we buy Liverpool and merge with them.

Would that be a case of buying their club and not burning it down?

ethan23 said:
Cookieproof said:
We have still got a long way to go but our progress has been phenomenal over the past 2 seasons under Mancini. We are certainly the most talked about club in the world. Here in Paraguay City are always talked about on TV, in the bars, on the streets and in the schools (that's because I'm a teacher here lol). However, you can definitely see an increase in the number of City shirts being worn since I've been here.

youre a teacher in Paraguay, that is the strangest thing iv ever heard

Not as strange as somone who is English and cannot write as well as a Paraguayan English student.

You're a teacher in Paraguay? That is the strangest thing I've ever heard.

Must do better 6/10 lol

If you think that's strange then I think you should consider going out more ;-)

Damocles said:

Not true damocles. Chelsea had neither of those until money and it's been what? 6-8 years?

And I don't see how you can class us as smaller than Newcastle either to be honest.

ethan23 said:
Cookieproof said:
We have still got a long way to go but our progress has been phenomenal over the past 2 seasons under Mancini. We are certainly the most talked about club in the world. Here in Paraguay City are always talked about on TV, in the bars, on the streets and in the schools (that's because I'm a teacher here lol). However, you can definitely see an increase in the number of City shirts being worn since I've been here.

youre a teacher in Paraguay, that is the strangest thing iv ever heard

Nah not really strange, English teachers from these shores are wanted the world over. To be honest if I was a hell of a lot younger I would love to do it.

What I do find strange is the knowledge that in a small South American country they're talking about our little old City. Plus we haven't really started yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.