Are we really "the best team in the world" right now?

First of all I hate to say my team is the best in the world. No probs singing it, but to put that label on my club is simply not my kinda thinking. Rather prefer to stay humble and smile proudly when we break another record or win silverware.

It’s easier to say best team in England. Yes I think we are. We have been over the last decade and have every stat in our favour to show it. So no problems there, but even then I try and stay humble.

Maybe I don’t wanna behave like a rag or dipper who feel the urge to shout it, even if they have to revert to the distant past.

Now ... if you all excuse me.
I’m off to sing we are the best team in the land and all of the world ...

First of all I hate to say my team is the best in the world. No probs singing it, but to put that label on my club is simply not my kinda thinking. Rather prefer to stay humble and smile proudly when we break another record or win silverware.

It’s easier to say best team in England. Yes I think we are. We have been over the last decade and have every stat in our favour to show it. So no problems there, but even then I try and stay humble.

Maybe I don’t wanna behave like a rag or dipper who feel the urge to shout it, even if they have to revert to the distant past.

Now ... if you all excuse me.
I’m off to sing we are the best team in the land and all of the world ...
I don’t volunteer it but if asked I’ll say who I think, which will probably just send me to 538...just happens to be us at the moment.

If people want to think it’s Bayern I can see that. I can’t see many other teams having a good enough argument though. At the end of the day people believe what they want anyway particularly when it’s something as partisan as football.

In the abstracted, week by week, quality on paper sense, yes. I don't think Bayern or PSG, judging on league performances, have much of a say, and the Spanish and Italian teams are all in various states of disrepair on and off the pitch. We know English football well enough. But, and it's a big but, the best team in the world doesn't always win the CL, where the great historical teams tend to.

We need to get over this deeply ingrained inferiority complex that's so abundant within our fanbase. We support the best team in the world, period.
I don't know a single City fan with any kind of inferiority complex let alone one that's "deeply ingrained". What a load of bollocks. Equally most City fans I know don't go in for the sky/media-led arse licking "world class" or "best in the world" bollocks that is commonly associated with plastic twats with a shallow, deeply ingrained lack of self-worth - hence attaching themselves to the rags in the hope of some kind of compensating reflected glory. Tossers.

To sum up we almost certainly are but nobody will care looking back at us if we don’t turn that superiority into a CL win at some point.

Here‘s an example...how many people think Brazil 1970 was the best National side ever? Lots. However the 1982 Brazil team were better I think but never get mentioned because they went out to a lucky Italy 3-2.

I don't know a single City fan with any kind of inferiority complex let alone one that's "deeply ingrained". What a load of bollocks. Equally most City fans I know don't go in for the sky/media-led arse licking "world class" or "best in the world" bollocks that is commonly associated with plastic twats with a shallow, deeply ingrained lack of self-worth - hence attaching themselves to the rags in the hope of some kind of compensating reflected glory. Tossers.
Mate you need to chill out :')

To sum up we almost certainly are but nobody will care looking back at us if we don’t turn that superiority into a CL win at some point.

Here‘s an example...how many people think Brazil 1970 was the best National side ever? Lots. However the 1982 Brazil team were better I think but never get mentioned because they went out to a lucky Italy 3-2.
The same is true for Holland 1974. Beaten by the pragmatic Germans. It is always the Victors who write the history.

Agree completely. And still can't get over that last minute goal being chalked off for offside. We would have won it against Liverpool imo. We were the best team that season too, it could have been a quadruple.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.