Are we still sh*t ?

blucat599

We always seem to fall down in the make or break games, they all looked like
strangers again tonight, particularly Silva, he played just about the worst I've seen him, are we just doomed to be also rans, you have to wonder !!
PS. I've been a City fan since '74

Re: Are we still shit ?

Not really, a decent unbeaten run has ended. But we'll live. The last truly important games, Gills and Blackburn, we won by hook or by crook, and without them, we'd be nowhere. Spurs last May doesn't fall in this bracket, thanks to the Sheikh, we'd get by anyway.

We are not shit and havent been for a long time. But we still havent worked out how to play against good organised teams who know how to defend.
Spurs,Scum,Brum,Everton are examples this season ( I won't count Arse or SLand even though we didn't score or Notlob,BBurn,Stoke where we squeezed just 1) and there were plenty late last season.

It's something we must sort out and have a plan B or 4th is going to be very hard to achieve.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
We are not shit and havent been for a long time. But we still havent worked out how to play against good organised teams who know how to defend.
Spurs,Scum,Brum,Everton are examples this season ( I won't count Arse or SLand even though we didn't score or Notlob,BBurn,Stoke where we squeezed just 1) and there were plenty late last season.

It's something we must sort out and have a plan B or 4th is going to be very hard to achieve.

4th !!!??? We ought to be going for the title.

Nelly's Left Foot said:

gregblag said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:

Correct we ought to be but as I said we have to sort out how to play against teams who set out to defend against us.

Got a way to go before we can say we are title challengers as tonight proves.

We have to get a settled squad now without too much movement between windows.

We have the depth to cover the loss of some personnel now so there is little excuse if results go awol from here in.

We are not shit but its a work in progress and we will stumble again along the way.

Its how you bounce back from a loss that largely determines whether you are on the improvement or standing still so to speak.

The Newcastle game is more critical now if we are not to fall back in the chasing pack.

You're a long way off ManU, Chelsea and Arsenal. You need to get 4th this season and push on from there.

Of course we're not shit, we're also nowhere near as good as some people seem to think.
It seems silly saying this after we've spunked so much money but we are really lacking in certain areas & need to ship more than a few out & then hopefully bring a higher standard of player in, we really have wasted an awful lot of money on some average players.

gregblag said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:

What ? We looked anything but title challenges tonight. Spurs still remain a better side than us and after tonight they along with Everton will be amongst our rivals for 4th. Saying that our diffuculty in breaking down organised teams may see us miss out on the Europa spots too. People need to get real we have a lot of work to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.